Game Discussion > General Discussion

Disenchanting Items

(1/2) > >>

toby:
I will just post that here, since the question of disenchanting (removing spirit bottles from equipment) has come up a few times yesterday.

Disenchanting is not something I want to encourage. By enchanting an item with a spirit bottle, you commit to that - the spirit bottle is then gone from the game's economy. Bringing bottles back is bad for the economy, because it

* discourages players from buying them from the auction house, or trading them with other players (and hence discourages obtaining them in first place)
* makes it harder for new players (who don't have them) but easier for old ones (who do) - the exact opposite of what I want
* devalues them, because they will keep dropping from monsters, but players already have their own spirit bottles that they bring along with them as long as they want.

Because of that, the answer to disenchanting is generally a 'no'. Now, if you made a honest mistake - for example, you clicked the wrong item in the enchant window - you can file a ticket immediately, and it'll be considered.

In all the other cases, we will still disenchant if it is really necessary for you, but for a very high gold fee. This gold fee is set to discourage requesting a disenchantment when other options (trading it from players, defeating the monsters that drop it) are available, and it is set high enough to accomplish that. The baseline for a disenchantment that isn't covered by the "it was a honest mistake" above is 200 gold for relatively common spirit bottles, and it will rise for rare spirit bottles and based on current economy.

Bottom line: if it was a honest mistake, don't be afraid to ask. In all other cases, seek alternatives if possible, which does involve playing the game, and possibly with a group, so you can get the spirit bottle more quickly.

a pay:
how much would a lint spirit bottle be?

toby:
As said in the post, it depends on the situation (how long ago you enchanted it, whether it likely was a mistake or not).

If it looks like someone just wants it disenchanted so that they don't have to get it from players or the mob again, then it will be expensive enough so that buying it from other players would have been way cheaper. I have yet to work out the exact numbers - but if the bottle alone is worth 50-80 gold, it will likely be much more to disenchant.

The bottom line is, disenchantment must remain a rare and exceptional occurrence.

minecraft:
Hey,
This happened on titan a longgggg time ago (i just remembered about it by reading this post). Basically, I had a clearsky emerald and enchanted it with lasher spirit bottle. Then, i got another clearsky emerald and sold the one i enchanted (i switched hairpin to DPS one at time). I was in a hurry, so i didn't realize till now. Thanks,
Titan

toby:
File a /support ticket and ask for an item recovery.
You can mention #76944 in it, that's the ID of the item you sold.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version