Forum - Disenchanting Items

Welcome! Please login with your in-game name.

Author Topic: Disenchanting Items  (Read 5960 times)

Tobias

• Global Moderator
  • AR1 Security Unit
« on: December 15, 2013, 11:40:39 am »
I will just post that here, since the question of disenchanting (removing spirit bottles from equipment) has come up a few times yesterday.

Disenchanting is not something I want to encourage. By enchanting an item with a spirit bottle, you commit to that - the spirit bottle is then gone from the game's economy. Bringing bottles back is bad for the economy, because it
  • discourages players from buying them from the auction house, or trading them with other players (and hence discourages obtaining them in first place)
  • makes it harder for new players (who don't have them) but easier for old ones (who do) - the exact opposite of what I want
  • devalues them, because they will keep dropping from monsters, but players already have their own spirit bottles that they bring along with them as long as they want.

Because of that, the answer to disenchanting is generally a 'no'. Now, if you made a honest mistake - for example, you clicked the wrong item in the enchant window - you can file a ticket immediately, and it'll be considered.

In all the other cases, we will still disenchant if it is really necessary for you, but for a very high gold fee. This gold fee is set to discourage requesting a disenchantment when other options (trading it from players, defeating the monsters that drop it) are available, and it is set high enough to accomplish that. The baseline for a disenchantment that isn't covered by the "it was a honest mistake" above is 200 gold for relatively common spirit bottles, and it will rise for rare spirit bottles and based on current economy.

Bottom line: if it was a honest mistake, don't be afraid to ask. In all other cases, seek alternatives if possible, which does involve playing the game, and possibly with a group, so you can get the spirit bottle more quickly.

hippo

• Noxxara
  • -asp-
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2013, 02:57:57 am »
how much would a lint spirit bottle be?

Tobias

• Global Moderator
  • AR1 Security Unit
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2013, 07:43:43 pm »
As said in the post, it depends on the situation (how long ago you enchanted it, whether it likely was a mistake or not).

If it looks like someone just wants it disenchanted so that they don't have to get it from players or the mob again, then it will be expensive enough so that buying it from other players would have been way cheaper. I have yet to work out the exact numbers - but if the bottle alone is worth 50-80 gold, it will likely be much more to disenchant.

The bottom line is, disenchantment must remain a rare and exceptional occurrence.

Taiton

• Lint
  • I was banned for being a complete jerk. X.x
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2013, 06:00:20 pm »
Hey,
This happened on titan a longgggg time ago (i just remembered about it by reading this post). Basically, I had a clearsky emerald and enchanted it with lasher spirit bottle. Then, i got another clearsky emerald and sold the one i enchanted (i switched hairpin to DPS one at time). I was in a hurry, so i didn't realize till now. Thanks,
Titan

Tobias

• Global Moderator
  • AR1 Security Unit
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2013, 02:46:27 am »
File a /support ticket and ask for an item recovery.
You can mention #76944 in it, that's the ID of the item you sold.

edky

• Lint
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2014, 09:01:41 am »
It could be simpler: Charge people a 100 gold to disenchant an item. If it's worth it, people will pay the gold. If not, then there is no worry about common spirit bottles flooding the market. Most spirit bottles are easily enough obtained, but a few of them aren't, like ones from bosses. Those are the ones of value and worth to people. I mean, I have one from Celeah, and I would like to have the ability to install it onto better equipment, when that opportunity comes.

Tobias

• Global Moderator
  • AR1 Security Unit
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2014, 12:54:06 pm »
That's why I said:

If it looks like someone just wants it disenchanted so that they don't have to get it from players or the mob again, then it will be expensive enough so that buying it from other players would have been way cheaper.

Enchanting an item is a commitment, it makes the item you enchant special.

There will likely be different price classes, depending on the spirit bottle source (common, rare mob, boss), but I guess that's best decided when we actually face that question. The price will, however, be high enough that whoever asks for a disenchantment will give it a second - and possibly third thought.

For some bottles (such as boss mobs, which are extremely rare) it will still be worth it (for example, your Celeah bottle); for others, bottles in possession by other players will be more attractive.

There's no technical reason why it's not possible (it's also not "impossible", it will just have a very high gold price), simply a game-play and an economical reason.

edky

• Lint
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2014, 08:41:58 pm »
In my defense, I was sick when I wrote tha, even though I would probably have done it anyways because of my bad habit of skimming posts. XD

Enchanting an item is a commitment, it makes the item you enchant special.

Here's another perspective: I have more commitment towards keeping the Celeah enchantment as long as I can because of it's uniqueness, and rarity, than to any piece of equipment in the game, because that's what makes it special to me. XD

Tobias

• Global Moderator
  • AR1 Security Unit
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2014, 03:12:55 am »
Here's another perspective: I have more commitment towards keeping the Celeah enchantment as long as I can because of it's uniqueness, and rarity, than to any piece of equipment in the game, because that's what makes it special to me. XD

Oh, that'd absolutely be possible.
But the price would be high enough that it has to be the exception, and you'd only do that for very few things (such as that spirit bottle). ;P

Herbie

• Bluebell
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2020, 01:16:21 am »
To not to duplicate a similar thread I will try to ask here: what about disenchanting items not from the bottles, but the enchantments available in the shops? Removing them would not hurt the game's economy at all and the player could get a chance to use a better enchantment. For example I went back to Andy to use one of his tail enchantments not knowing that after several quests I will be able to get a much better one from Karo. This should be allowed.