Game Discussion > General Discussion

Quick Guide for New Players: How to be...

<< < (2/6) > >>

ng-DanMaster:
Thanks for your feedback, nice stuff and good advice too.

However, I want to share my opinion of some things.

edky:

--- Quote from: edky on March 19, 2016, 08:32:51 pm ---I also like to use burning determination, which increases your defense for a little while. You use this when the healer is in trouble, and your health is low. It's also very useful in TVT, when many players are targeting you at once, or you want to force your way through their blockade.

--- End quote ---

Part of the strategy as tank is what you said about Burning Determination, I forgot to add it, thanks ed, and about the TvT thing, the guide was thought for dungeons, and adding Team vs Team things wasn't part of my idea, besides, new players need to reach a certain lvl for TvT.
For TvT, indeed, we need tank skills, but I think about it like an hybrid set more specific for TvT with less skills, I agree with you in this point, you don't need a lot of skills, or else you will be under powered, but as I said, I like to think about it as a specific set designed for TvT.

Freddi:

--- Quote from: Freddi on March 19, 2016, 10:34:25 pm ---Fire wall isn't essential. In fact, my first couple of months on this game I didn't use FW at all, and instead I had invisibility and flash freeze. However, from my experience, while it isn't needed, it's very helpful, especially if you've got good enchantments and such. If you have fire wall, make sure the level is MAXIMIZED.

--- End quote ---

Personally I think that Fire Wall is essential, it is very important for the 1st dungeons, yes, you can survive without it, but as you said, it's very helpful, so why not use it in the beginning anyway. Hollow Tree for example, there are a lot of spiders there, so a good Fire Wall can be very helpful, specially when you want to kill a lot of them in a short time.

selectLOL:

--- Quote from: selectLOL on March 21, 2016, 07:30:13 am ---Both warriors, dps and tank need bash and smite. All mages should have disrupt.

--- End quote ---

I agree with the Disrupt Magic thing, I think of it as an essential skill, and Bash is essential for tank, but for a damage warrior it's an option in my opinion.

If you want you can add the rest of the skills, I didn't add how wind mage works because I think that it's not too complex to learn like others, or light priest because we use poison more than light. I could write how hunter works in the future, I didn't on this guide because I̶ ̶w̶a̶s̶ ̶t̶i̶r̶e̶d̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶I̶ ̶w̶a̶n̶t̶e̶d̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶s̶l̶e̶e̶p̶ there aren't a lot of hunters in this game.

--- Quote from: Tobias on March 21, 2016, 12:31:44 am ---I split some of the discussion that started about pros and cons into a separate thread. :3

--- End quote ---

Thanks!

PinkKitten:
I love being a fire mage ( well almost ALL of my skills are fire elemental ) and Pink is a warm color and warm means............. THIS GIRL IS ON FIIIIIIRRRRREEEE.

Mvehpower:
Most of the time, Me and my friend Ryena work together when we raid bosses.

(Were level 10 atm, were doing quests together)

Ryena is a hunter, she is our group's tank. She becomes a sponge and she does moderate damage too.

Me from behind, nukes enemies or mobs or bosses with firespells while helping Ryena keep her Health up. Its kinda hard to multitask and the considerable amounts of potions I use can be expensive, but its quite rewarding and it feels good after doing a raid or hard quest together.

Were trying to do the East Cave thingy when we try to save Sophie.

Im waaaaayyy too low-leveled. So I just rushed it and..we still need some more practice. We try beating a few cave miners. Easy. When that fire bug comes near, RUNNNN! It deals alot of damage o,o

ng-DanMaster:

--- Quote from: Mveh on April 10, 2016, 08:28:12 am ---Most of the time, Me and my friend Ryena work together when we raid bosses.

(Were level 10 atm, were doing quests together)

Ryena is a hunter, she is our group's tank. She becomes a sponge and she does moderate damage too.

Me from behind, nukes enemies or mobs or bosses with firespells while helping Ryena keep her Health up. Its kinda hard to multitask and the considerable amounts of potions I use can be expensive, but its quite rewarding and it feels good after doing a raid or hard quest together.

Were trying to do the East Cave thingy when we try to save Sophie.

Im waaaaayyy too low-leveled. So I just rushed it and..we still need some more practice. We try beating a few cave miners. Easy. When that fire bug comes near, RUNNNN! It deals alot of damage o,o

--- End quote ---

So...
Are you saying that your tank is a hunter?
Other classes can tank some things, but it's not the usual.

Mvehpower:
Yas. I know, weird.

But she can dish out damage like WHOOP. DEAD.

Monsters are most likely dead before they touch us anyways. (Random sigh)

Or sometimes..

I just butt in with Mana shield and ALOT of mana potions. If I can just reduce dat frickin cooldown..

But eh, We got past the cave now.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version