Forum - The purpose of alts (alternative accounts)?

Welcome! Please login with your in-game name.

Author Topic: The purpose of alts (alternative accounts)?  (Read 3625 times)

Fiyero

• Baby Bluebell
  • *sips tea*
« on: November 15, 2017, 08:30:23 pm »
I've been seeing a ton of people with alts, and I'm curious on what purpose they serve. Since players are able to change their classes at one point in the game, why would they need an alt? Some people have alts that are the same class as themselves. Is some sort of advantage to having one that I don't know about?

Mediumdee

• Bluebell
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2017, 09:26:58 pm »
Well, the 2 alts that I mainly use are a priest and a mage respectively, so my mage is mostly just chilling around blackwood to be a 'taxi' for the warps that I don't have space for on my main, such as tera. my priest alt is mostly just for buffs and heal support while I'm trying to do stuff on my warrior, or in the future, other classes, that I might not be able to do without the little survivability boost
my older alts were mostly just for practice with the class before I had access to the class stones, so when I bought class stones for everything I already had some experience with that class, which saved some time in making sets and other things

Ivypaw

• Casper
  • Mediocre at Best
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2017, 12:05:56 am »
it may not be the same for everyone but i only have alts bc
1. bag space + storage space on my main
2. the cost to save up for a class stone
3. sometimes you just like to shake it up (why did i say that omg) with your name and fur pattern without changing them i guess? idk

Leo

• Bluebell
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2017, 05:21:09 am »
I speak for the older players as originally there wasn't class changing stone able. So if you want to change class you have to change characters. Also with alts, it makes it so you are not bound to dungeons.
Plus in the long run I at least view that it is cheaper to have alts. Say you have all the stone on one character. Not only do you have to buy the stone it will need to buy storage for the gear of each class.

Rocky

• Baby Bluebell
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2017, 05:48:32 am »
-Storage space
-Extra Warps
-Buffs
-Extra dungeon runs
-Just for fun or when you completed your main
-Save gold on main
-Testing stuff on(if you have a set you dont want on your main

Tobias

• Global Moderator
  • AR1 Security Unit
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2017, 08:33:43 pm »
So that I can sign on to a character, and you don't know it's me.
Then I get people telling me that I should stat intellect on my warrior. It's wonderful.

Fiyero

• Baby Bluebell
  • *sips tea*
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2017, 03:27:11 pm »
So that I can sign on to a character, and you don't know it's me.
Then I get people telling me that I should stat intellect on my warrior. It's wonderful.

^ Best reason to have an alt ever. XD

Shula

• Baby Bluebell
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2017, 06:03:31 pm »
Well for me it was because of the fact I didn't know class stones were a thing.. I thought in order to have a Warrior character you have to make a new character.

By the time I found out there were class stones I already had a fairly high level Priest and Warrior alt's and I have no intentions of getting rid of them.

Plus the fact I like creating different characters with different patterns etc.

Xin Zhai

• Baby Bluebell
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2018, 05:42:35 pm »
They can heal if they are a priest or they can buff. Also, they can attack while your main attacks, too. They are very useful. For example, I use Xin Zhai for attacks (Warrior) while I heal on glorybringer (Priest). Fiyero, I advise you to make an alt anyone else as well.

Daahs

• Bluebell
  • Dosh is my alt
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2018, 08:54:55 pm »
I have alts on Paw'd to...

• Have extra dungeon runs

• Use a priest to buff myself

• To talk on the forums (Daahs, my main, plays from Newgrounds). For example: https://www.pawdgame.com/forum/index.php/topic,857.msg4749.html#msg4749

• To run a dungeon. You can have play more than one character on your computer. Controlling two is extremely difficult

• To start all over. Currently, I made a new character to play with a friend, who is new to the game. I do it for fun.

• I can assist my alt to get achievements that comes from a one-time quest. I'll Take You All On and Not So Fast are two examples of this situation, where you'll need to help someone if you already done the quest OR done the quest with a friend during your first time playing Paw'd.