Forum - some questions

Welcome! Please login with your in-game name.

Author Topic: some questions  (Read 5785 times)

Melody

• Bluebell
  • alexa dont be like siri, siri dont be like alexa
« on: July 02, 2018, 12:17:34 pm »
ok so I made this topic because I didn't want to flood the general discussion thing because I think I have a lot of questions owo

1. How do you level up fast?
2. How many places are there currently? (including houses, dungeons, etc)
3. Why doesn't the witch give more quests?
4. How many bosses are there in the game currently?
5. Are there any easter eggs/references to anything in the game?
6. Are we a wolf or a cat?
7. Strongest boss?
8. Can you even kill the Firesting Wasps in Saliko Deep Forest?
9. What's a guild?
10. Why does the Ancient Silver Coin sell more than the old silver coin and the small silver coin?

I have more questions, but I forgot them, maybe if I remember them I can make a part 2 OuO

Rocky

• Baby Bluebell
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2018, 05:02:09 pm »
1. grinding or doing quests
2. there are around 12 dungeons and 4 villages + an island
3. she's just a side character, not all characters have a major part in the game's storyline
4. 20+ or something
5. I don't understand the question, but there are easter eggs during the easter event?
6. wolves
7. zafyre
8. yes they die quickly for some but for others it's harder because of your level
9. a group you can join, each has it's own guild bank and mascot thing (if the guild owner bought it) and a chat so you can talk to the other people in your guild
10. if i remember, it's larger than the other coins

Bramble

• Global Moderator
  • Lint
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2018, 09:23:10 pm »
Adding onto what Rocky said for leveling, doing scaled events and dungeons gives you TONS of exp.

Tobias

• Global Moderator
  • AR1 Security Unit
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2018, 07:45:17 pm »
1. How do you level up fast?

Group up with other people, do quests, run dungeons. Just grinding becomes inconvenient, because you will be missing the gems you get from clearing dungeons - thus levelling will take really long. Do world events when they spawn, they give a lot of experience, and if they're cleared they spawn quicker.

2. How many places are there currently? (including houses, dungeons, etc)

At the moment, 317 maps. 1154 monsters (some of these are used for special purposes so the total number is lower). Getting all achievements won't be done in a month.

3. Why doesn't the witch give more quests?

Because you may have completed all the quests she has in that area. I may go through the quests at some point and add breadcrumb quests to lead you to new areas, but that's something for the future.

4. How many bosses are there in the game currently?

Looking at my statistics page, I get to well over 40. That doesn't even include the world bosses yet.

5. Are there any easter eggs/references to anything in the game?

I recommend playing the game and finding out yourself. Spoiling references is like spoiling a joke.

6. Are we a wolf or a cat?

Up to you. However cats do have distinct sprites in The Game (you lost).

7. Strongest boss?

Depends on what you define as hard. If your group has too low damage, killing Crystalfang or even Celeah will be really hard (most bosses have a time limit that you have to beat them in).
If your group is uncoordinated, killing a boss like Zafyre or clearing the Space Station will be hard. If your group has troubles memorizing things, the Treasure Cave boss will be hard. If you can't figure out what to do (and people don't tell you), you can get stuck on Gorath HM too, etc, etc.
Other than that, Pharaoh (as it requires the entire group to be on their toes).

8. Can you even kill the Firesting Wasps in Saliko Deep Forest?

Why not. There are very few monsters that are unkillable - and those that are usually have a very distinct purpose (objects, furniture, triggers, ...). You'll have trouble getting the flower spirit that saves you in the beginning killed, or the archer that shoots the arrows during Frostbite.

10. Why does the Ancient Silver Coin sell more than the old silver coin and the small silver coin?

Because it's sell_value field in the database has a greater numeric value in it.
You can think of lore reasons as you wish. Maybe since it's ancient it's more valuable. :)

Melody

• Bluebell
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2018, 10:42:18 am »
thanks to everyone who answered
so im going to make a part 2

11. How do you get back into Midnight Mountain?
12. What are all the things Zandra (gnat leader), Cladt, and other bosses drop? You don't have to list aLL OF THEM but if you want to, do what you want  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
13. How do you "recover" a Historic Copper Coin? (this is for a quest btw)
14. I can't see Akia in Saliko Village?

anyway ill make a part 3, 4, 5.. whenever I feel like it, hope yall dont think im annoying

w e l l  i  a m  a n n o y i n g -

Melody

• Bluebell
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2018, 10:48:51 am »
oh noes dont answer the
"I can't see Akia?" question, i saw her when i completed a quest haha

heres another question to replace it
whats the best clothing set/clothing/food item
 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Rocky

• Baby Bluebell
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2018, 04:07:35 am »
11. like getting to ashaya, you need to do your quests. specifically going >> until you reach the icesilk burrow then talking to yvonne who asks you to find her pets, which starts the journey to midnight mountain
if you already unlocked it, go to the rune a map before the one with lenore and click it, then click "midnight mountain"

12. you can go to the database and put in a dungeon to see all the items that drop in it
zandra drops an enchanted wing (for mages/priests) and a claw thing that is added to a leather glove which is for warriors
cladt drops a glove, a hat, and some anklets

13. read the quest, if i can remember it right you have to go to the everchange caverns and look for a chest

14. there's no "best food item" since they give different stats, based off your preference. i personally like blackberries the most (they take away some health but give you 2k mana)
as for clothing there's a lot of answers to that
best priest hat (assuming it's for healing) is emerald circlet
best mage hat is ritual cowl
best dps warrior hat is maw of depths
best tank hat is gold plated crystal headguard
best hunter hat is hollowed skull (?)
it's going to take a long time to list every best item in the game, when you reach level 40 or something you'll know
« Last Edit: July 05, 2018, 04:18:47 am by Rocky »

Tobias

• Global Moderator
  • AR1 Security Unit
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2018, 09:49:46 pm »
In addition, what "the best" item is may change whenever a new item is added. ;)

Melody

• Bluebell
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2018, 12:43:58 pm »
^^

15. Burger king fo-
15. Can you only get to level 40?
16. What level should I be to survive Midnight Mountain?
17. Why do you get disconnected from the server if you were AFK for so long?
18. What number is the stack for Coal Dust?
19. Is Coal Dust an actual item or is it just Coal?
20. Why does the Box of Cookies from Tanja's Bakery cost 5 Tokens of Heroism?
21. Why is it called Tokens of Heroisn and not Tokens of Accomplishment/Bravery?

schoolschoolschoolschoolschoolschoolschoolschoolschool

Tobias

• Global Moderator
  • AR1 Security Unit
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2018, 12:50:35 pm »
15. Can you only get to level 40?

Until level 41 is added. The same question has been asked at level 32, 34, 35. There is a lot of content to clear within those 40 levels. I might even add a level 41 without new quests simply because with the amount of stuff you're supposed to do you'd level past 40 anyway.

16. What level should I be to survive Midnight Mountain?
Which part? At the beginning you'll be fine at around 26 I think. Blackwood is 37ish.

17. Why do you get disconnected from the server if you were AFK for so long?

Because I don't see the point in number padding, why have X players on when Y of these are not actually there?

18. What number is the stack for Coal Dust?

I don't understand the question. There is Coal Dust for dyeing, and at the moment it stacks to USHRT_MAX.

19. Is Coal Dust an actual item or is it just Coal?

If it exists in the database it's an actual item.

20. Why does the Box of Cookies from Tanja's Bakery cost 5 Tokens of Heroism?

Because of the secondary effect the cookies have. Look at the item's description. :)
(Shift click the item and then "Show Item Information", this will tell you way more than what you see when you just hover it).

21. Why is it called Tokens of Heroisn and not Tokens of Accomplishment/Bravery?

Because these already exist and because you're doing harder stuff than what you'd get the other tokens for.

Melody

• Bluebell
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2018, 01:03:22 pm »
Until level 41 is added. The same question has been asked at level 32, 34, 35. There is a lot of content to clear within those 40 levels. I might even add a level 41 without new quests simply because with the amount of stuff you're supposed to do you'd level past 40 anyway.
Which part? At the beginning you'll be fine at around 26 I think. Blackwood is 37ish.

Because I don't see the point in number padding, why have X players on when Y of these are not actually there?

I don't understand the question. There is Coal Dust for dyeing, and at the moment it stacks to USHRT_MAX.

If it exists in the database it's an actual item.

Because of the secondary effect the cookies have. Look at the item's description. :)
(Shift click the item and then "Show Item Information", this will tell you way more than what you see when you just hover it).

Because these already exist and because you're doing harder stuff than what you'd get the other tokens for.
In the Too Coal to Stay Clean trophy you would need to show up in Tanja's Bakery with 3 stacks of coal dust.
I'm pretty sure I didn't know what "stacks" in that trophy meant so can you explain stacks of coal dust-
im sorry-

Tobias

• Global Moderator
  • AR1 Security Unit
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2018, 02:39:59 pm »
In the Too Coal to Stay Clean trophy you would need to show up in Tanja's Bakery with 3 stacks of coal dust.
I'm pretty sure I didn't know what "stacks" in that trophy meant so can you explain stacks of coal dust-
im sorry-

Oh - Coal Dust is a debuff that decreases your accuracy.
You might get afflicted by that that when fighting some coal-like monsters. ;)

Three stacks means three applications of that debuff. You won't be hitting a lot anymore with that.

Melody

• Bluebell
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2018, 05:27:58 am »
Oh - Coal Dust is a debuff that decreases your accuracy.
You might get afflicted by that that when fighting some coal-like monsters. ;)

Three stacks means three applications of that debuff. You won't be hitting a lot anymore with that.
Ohhh I understand, thanks! :)

Melody

• Bluebell
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2018, 10:09:35 am »
22. In Dahila's Shop, someone told me that she sold a shell that gets you a pet, and I checked her shop and the shell wasn't there... Am I missing something o.o?

Tobias

• Global Moderator
  • AR1 Security Unit
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2018, 02:54:33 pm »
22. In Dahila's Shop, someone told me that she sold a shell that gets you a pet, and I checked her shop and the shell wasn't there... Am I missing something o.o?

She might be out of stock - probably someone just bought a shell. Check back a little later, and see if she restocked yet. ;P