Forum - [Closed] HT is sneaky

Welcome! Please login with your in-game name.

Author Topic: [Closed] HT is sneaky  (Read 3024 times)

Kitson

• Nyranthix
« on: September 04, 2011, 11:51:49 pm »
I went back to the HT after the mines, and it reset. i mean i didn't finish it nor did i reset or a day pass.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2011, 12:02:13 pm by toby »

Tobias

• Global Moderator
  • AR1 Security Unit
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2011, 12:02:01 pm »
Dungeons are "cleaned up" 15-30 minutes after the last player left them. The server despawns all monsters, removes the map from memory and that's that. It's as if you typed /reset yourself (/reset actually doesn't do anything else but schedule the clean-up immediately).

If you re-enter the dungeon, the server re-creates it for you. It checks if you had any bosses killed since the last reset, so bosses remain killed, but monsters that are linked to bosses you haven't killed, or that aren't linked to any bosses, will respawn.

HTH
Toby

Kitson

• Nyranthix
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2011, 07:16:56 pm »
thanks, i think.

Kitson

• Nyranthix
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2011, 07:29:37 pm »
wait, it also showed that the areas reset as well, and i had gotten up to cladt's area. that shouldn't happen right? or did you do an update after i left?

Tobias

• Global Moderator
  • AR1 Security Unit
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2011, 07:49:27 pm »
wait, it also showed that the areas reset as well, and i had gotten up to cladt's area. that shouldn't happen right? or did you do an update after i left?

Hi,

The entire instance may reset, even though maps can reset individually. For example, the Hollow Tree has four maps:

- The outside area, which Cladt is in.
- The bottom floor, where you go up to Vilefang.
- The first floor, with all the spiders and the first Venomstalker in it.
- The top floor, with Noxara in it.

Each of these maps resets individually, 15-30 minutes after the last player left them. If you re-enter any of those, the server transparently re-creates them as you enter, respawning any monsters on it. It does remember whether bosses were killed, so those aren't respawned.

Tobias

• Global Moderator
  • AR1 Security Unit
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2011, 12:02:03 pm »
Closed due to inactivity.