Forum - [Closed] Castle bug...

Welcome! Please login with your in-game name.

Author Topic: [Closed] Castle bug...  (Read 2605 times)

Kitson

• Nyranthix
« on: September 12, 2011, 11:20:03 pm »
this one was a nice treat btw.
http://myu.icyworlds.net:4901/data/screenshots/1485/563b1119.jpg
the castle belonged to WotR btw, and no, i couldn't enter the castle.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2011, 10:04:15 am by toby »

Tobias

• Global Moderator
  • AR1 Security Unit
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2011, 08:42:28 pm »
Hi,

It's possible to remain on the secret path if TvT ends while you're on it. Since it's not part of the PvP map yet, it won't warp you out after you close the scoreboard.

Changing this (so that it'd give you the "Map Closed" debuff on the secret path and warp you out after you close the scoreboard) is quite a hassle to implement - because of that, I decided to put the check on the portal (which you have to enter either way). If you try to enter the portal to the castle it should realize that you do not own the castle, and warp you to the regular entrance.

Kitson

• Nyranthix
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2011, 10:40:06 pm »
uhj this wasn't after tvt, this was way after that

Tobias

• Global Moderator
  • AR1 Security Unit
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2011, 01:23:55 am »
So you entered the portal on a character that was *not* WotR, and it warped you there, despite neither TvT nor GvG being active?

Kitson

• Nyranthix
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2011, 08:20:49 pm »
Yup. Is this supposed to happen with the spoils and treasure scrolls?

Tobias

• Global Moderator
  • AR1 Security Unit
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2011, 11:24:19 pm »

Oooh, that's how. Yeah, technically it is. Before these scrolls were added, the treasure room was only accessible by the guild leader (so they always had the castle if they exited the room through the portal).

Pretend that the secret treasure room, which you get warped to, has a long, winding exit which leads you past a hidden door in the wall, to this secret passage? :3

Kitson

• Nyranthix
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2011, 01:54:50 am »
So... then we leave it as a fix and not a bug? -ponders-...

Tobias

• Global Moderator
  • AR1 Security Unit
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2011, 12:12:02 pm »
Call it deliberate: I could easily make the portal warp to the castle entrance, where everyone gathers, but I like the idea of having a "secret treasure room" somewhere in an unmapped part of the castle. Of course, exiting such a hidden treasure room wouldn't just lead straight to the castle entrance - but rather lead to a hidden exit in that secret passage you were in.

I personally think ending up there portrays that feeling pretty well.

The underlying issue is that I simply didn't make maps that you can walk through after exiting the treasure room, which would show how exactly you end up in that secret passage again. If anyone is willing and able to make one, I'll add that in, otherwise it's a very minor polishing issue that I might even be able to fix by drawing the contours of a secret door on the castle wall, and placing players that exit it in front of that.

Kitson

• Nyranthix
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2011, 08:54:22 pm »
Ok. I guess we can close this one then. And about making the map ourselves... Yeah, still waiting on the manual! XD well thanks for clearing this out.
-Kitson