Forum - [Fixed] Adding friends

Welcome! Please login with your in-game name.

Author Topic: [Fixed] Adding friends  (Read 1893 times)

Kitson

• Nyranthix
« on: October 22, 2011, 01:49:41 am »
I was trying to add Megan to my friends list, but for some reason it wouldn't let me do it. i even tried refreshing...
« Last Edit: November 10, 2011, 12:12:50 pm by toby »

Tobias

• Global Moderator
  • AR1 Security Unit
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2011, 02:42:40 pm »
Your friendlist is full. ;P
There's currently a limit of 50 friends - I'll make sure that you get a proper error message if you hit that limit.

I'm not sure whether we the limit should be increase - the problem is that it has to transfer the entire list every time you log on, so it just makes Flash having to do more and more work as the list grows.
What would you prefer?

Kitson

• Nyranthix
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2011, 10:44:11 pm »
But i have 40 friends or so, not 50. O-o;; Weird. Anyways, i dunno. The limit, if like five or so higher then maybe, but if it's too much hassle, then it's ok.

Tobias

• Global Moderator
  • AR1 Security Unit
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2011, 02:25:53 pm »
Oh, sorry - you are correct, the limit is 40.

#define MAX_FRIENDS_LIST_LEN      40

The problem isn't making it bigger - I just have to put a higher number in the line above. It's just that no matter what the limit is, it'll always be too low. We started with 25, I increased it to 30, then to 40. If I increase it to 50, you'll hit that limit soon as well. XD

I try not to make people delete others from their friendslist just because of technical limitations, but I also need to put some kind of number there - because, well, that is a technical limitation.

The only solution I can think of - from the top of my head, at least - is giving you an option to see what characters haven't logged in for a long time (and thus are probably inactive) - but at the same time, you may want to have them on your list to see if they come back. Still, it may be a help: if you would be able to see who is inactive, you could go through that list and remove anyone whose name doesn't ring a bell anymore?

Tobias

• Global Moderator
  • AR1 Security Unit
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2011, 12:12:39 pm »
Closing due to inactivity.

Attempting to add a friend will now give a proper error message if the friendslist is full - thanks for letting me know!