Forum - [Closed] Spiders by the New purple snake

Welcome! Please login with your in-game name.

Author Topic: [Closed] Spiders by the New purple snake  (Read 1898 times)

Kitson

• Nyranthix
« on: February 15, 2012, 03:23:32 am »
I forgot it's name, but it's where we can get the new glove. I took armor damage even though i was using my spider.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 02:15:38 am by toby »

Tobias

• Global Moderator
  • AR1 Security Unit
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2012, 06:13:52 pm »
Yes, you take armor damage because you are in combat. You don't take damage if your spider died, but you are still put in combat, and thus your armor takes the usual 1 point of damage every 10 seconds of combat time.

I agree this is not very realistic, and it would be easy to fix it. However, I am not sure whether it should be changed - I don't want that cave the leeching place of choice just because you gain experience without actual combat time (not even risking to die).

Kitson

• Nyranthix
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2012, 10:35:22 pm »
"I don't want that cave the leeching place of choice just"  Uhm... I get the rest, but... what did you mean here? ^^;

Tobias

• Global Moderator
  • AR1 Security Unit
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2012, 03:10:09 am »
Sorry, I thought faster than I typed. XD "I don't want the cave *to be* the leeching place of choice [...]" - meaning I don't want people bring their sub-25 characters in, and grind up on spiders because it's easiest. In addition, the armor damage actually makes it "fair" (same "costs" as doing the other quests), and I might actually require that players are on the proper quests before they can control the spiders.

Kitson

• Nyranthix
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2012, 12:55:45 am »
That would actually be reasonable, because i don't think that you should be able to use the spiders just like then and there without doing anything, like gaining their trust or something. But other than that, i get it now. ^.^ Thanks!