Forum - Diamond Quest - More of Lieshy :3

Welcome! Please login with your in-game name.

Author Topic: Diamond Quest - More of Lieshy :3  (Read 2759 times)

Telivision

• Lint
« on: December 28, 2011, 02:15:39 am »
*The diamond shimmers brightly in the dim cave. At first, you had mistaked it as a regular old gemstone, as it isn't too uncommon in the cave anymore to find these minerals floating around with a demonic chill to the touch. However, you're not too sure of the worth of it. Almost instantly, a familiar name comes to mind, a particular blacksmith....*

Objective
Take the Twinkling Diamond to Lieshy in Midnight Mountain.

(FINISHED:

Hi again! Its been a while since we talked. Maybe not too long, but I guess that doesn't really matter right now.
*She laughs.* )

So what brings you here? Is it an emergency?
*You show her the diamond, which she calmly grabs and holds up to her face, squinting her eyes.*

Yes, that's a very nice diamond you got there! Might I say it's worth quite some gold. Unfortunately, my sales have been low recently, so I'm afraid I can't buy this off of you. People just don't look forward to buying my armor anymore, scythes being exclusive and display only.

Those acursed exiles, actually, have been stealing my stock! I turn my back for five seconds and come back to see two shady figures sneaking off with as much gold as they can carry around. I really wish there was a way to protect my profit from these menaces.
*She pauses, smiling at you.*

Oh, <nick>! That gives me a brilliant idea! You see, when your running with a lot of loot on your back, you tend to drop some, right? Exactly what has been happening. Although they don't drop much, I have picked up the scrap silver that escaped from them and added it up to be equal to thirty-eight gold coins.
*She looks around, then pulls out a couple small sachets, heavy with silver.*

I've put six coins into each sachet, which in total is six bags. The thing is, I realized that each time it's the same exact group that is sent. So maybe if we eliminate the exiles that have been stealing my gold, then the robberies will end?

Objective
Lieshy wants you to defeat any exiles that try to rob her of her gold.

(FINISHED:

Great job, <nick>. It actually seems as if we have more gold now than when we started!)

--

*She takes the sachets and begins to count them.*

Aha! Eighty-five gold? Looks like they have been holding onto some of my profits for a while. I thought they would've been wiser than that.
*She dumps the sachets into a larger bag and stuffs it behind her oven.*

Now, back to that diamond... I have been looking forward to making a diamond scythe, and looking at the size of that big ol' gem, I'm estimating that it'd be able to make at least one scythe. I still need some coal, tho.
*She chuckles softly with an embarassed smile.*

I'm sure it won't be a problem for you to fetch me twelve coal rocks? Incase you have forgotten, the one known place to get coal is from the ghastly living ones just east from here.

Objective
Lieshy would like you to obtain 12 coal rocks from the Living Coal.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2012, 09:48:12 pm by NinnyTheKitty »

Tobias

• Global Moderator
  • AR1 Security Unit
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2011, 05:27:56 am »
Sounds nice. Maybe a better objective would be to protect her sales from the exiles.

Like, I could have a few pots of gold spawn around Lieshy. Exiles would come from different sides, and go for the gold pots. If they reach them, they pick them up and run for it. Defeating them makes them drop the gold pot.

You'd need to either defeat a certain number, or hold it out for a certain time?

Telivision

• Lint
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2011, 07:31:25 am »
I was actually thinking of something similar yesterday. She could open her oven, and using spare coal from the last quest, allow fire to become ablaze in front of the oven in which you can use to attract exiles. xD Using some of this idea, the gold could be a bait. The fire would be sorta like a fire wall :3 But all it will do is singe the exiles enough for them to start attacking you. xD But if any more that 5-14 gold coins are lost, then you fail. The fire wall won't kill the exiles tho.

Maybe when you stand in the fire wall, you get damaged too?

Tobias

• Global Moderator
  • AR1 Security Unit
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2011, 06:05:34 pm »
That makes it a bit too complicated and confusing. ;P I mean, it'd be possible animate and all (though a bit messy, because NPCs aren't meant to change a lot), but it'd still be strange that the fire would attract the exiles.

The gold alone could be bait enough. Starting the quest would make the gold appear around her. Could be like 3-4 sachets. Groups of Exiles would spawn and go for the gold, some would attack you, some would ignore you altogether and just try to get away with any gold they snatched.

If they get away too far, the gold that they picked up is lost. If all sachets are gone, the quest fails. If you defeat one, the gold they picked up drops to the floor, and picking it up returns it to Lieshy.

That'd already be a ton to code for a simple quest, so I wouldn't make it much more complicated than that. ;P

Telivision

• Lint
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2012, 01:02:03 am »
True, true.

orion

• Baby Bluebell
  • king of darkness... and spaghetti
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2012, 12:27:36 am »
i liek.