Forum - On some arrows

Welcome! Please login with your in-game name.

Author Topic: On some arrows  (Read 3111 times)

Kitson

• Nyranthix
« on: June 03, 2013, 02:15:35 am »
I was going over the arrow list when I came across the small golden coin and read that you can get 3 gold arrows and 5 silver arrows, and In my mind I went " wait you can only get gold arrows from its older brother" so I was thinking that instead that small gold coins shoul only give 5 or 6 golden arrows since there is no silver in the Golden Coin, and the small gold coin appears to not have any silver linings, and the name suggests it does not have silver in it.

Doom

• Bizz
  • Doom is Doom. Lookout.
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2013, 09:30:55 pm »
Yeah, Kit, your right! That is sorta wierd. But, maybe, in gold, i dont no, i'm only 14 and dont take science there is silver! I don't no tho so, it's pretty wwierd i can get your point                                 ¢€π\<>=_^°π÷׶\©®¢€•|

Tobias

• Global Moderator
  • AR1 Security Unit
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2013, 12:45:20 am »
Actually the silver arrows are mostly to make coins more useful.
Also, unless I'm mistaken, few coins are actually pure gold, because gold is a very soft metal. They mix other metals to it, to make it harder.

It'd be easy to change, of course, but you'd lose out on silver arrows.

Kitson

• Nyranthix
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2013, 04:54:53 pm »
You have a point....if you don't mind, I'll think on it I bit x3

Tobias

• Global Moderator
  • AR1 Security Unit
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2013, 07:23:27 pm »

No rush. ;P

Hunters burn through arrows a lot, there should be ways to get those special arrows if needed.

Kitson

• Nyranthix
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2013, 07:31:48 pm »
well, i thought about it and well, while I'd like it to be of pure gold (since in my head it makes sense xD) i can't argue with the fact that many indeed were mixed with other metals, although it brings a second question, if for the big gold coins some of their arrows should also be silver because it may be mixed like the small gold coins

hippo

• Noxxara
  • -asp-
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2013, 06:17:46 pm »
what is the difference of gold and silver arrows anyway?

Tobias

• Global Moderator
  • AR1 Security Unit
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2013, 07:15:52 pm »
Right now, none really (the gold one may do more damage).

I'm still trying to think of a small (so not like +200% damage, but nonetheless helpful) buff that'll make the gold arrows an attractive choice.

I've considered making them do extra damage to boss monsters, but that's easily offset by elements.
In PvP, it'd be cheap (more gold = more damage?).

Another idea was to make you able to retrieve them with a decent chance, but it's a pain to code in (every attack may create a new drop - so it might be a lot of them).

Giving monsters a chance to drop gold if killed by a gold arrow would make people switch arrows so that they only use gold arrows for the final attack - sounds like a chore.

if for the big gold coins some of their arrows should also be silver because it may be mixed like the small gold coins

Maybe. You might be overthinking that. XD