Forum - Hunters strength

Welcome! Please login with your in-game name.

Poll

What do you think of the hunters strength so far?

I like it :)
12 (70.6%)
I dont like it :(
1 (5.9%)
I think some things could be changed :|
4 (23.5%)
I think alot of things should be changed :!
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Author Topic: Hunters strength  (Read 2479 times)

Deathofdeath

• Casper
  • -Ashaya Snow Patrol-
« on: January 02, 2013, 06:33:45 pm »
I think the hunter class is a nice improvement, they are so far well rounded for an underdeveloped class. What do you think?

(note: if you dont have a hunter you can still comment if you have seen them :)

Tobias

• Global Moderator
  • AR1 Security Unit
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2013, 06:37:39 pm »
It might be OP at the moment.
First measurements yesterday against Vilefang (with a level 10-12) group showed that they had the DPS I expect of a level 14.
I reduced the damage they do a bit, so hopefully it's a bit more in line now. :3

Make sure to stack dexterity - this stat helps hunters a lot.

Deathofdeath

• Casper
  • -Ashaya Snow Patrol-
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2013, 07:23:10 pm »
I would hate to see this class go to waste i really think it could work
Some changes might be
            - Less health
            - Less Damage
            - Weaker arrow attacks the farther away they are
As for the Dps of a lvl 14 char i would ask who you tried it with, i mean if you went with pike/kitson/caydence/Goldy/toby they would know how to play properly and there for increase there Dps by fighting really well, however there dps could be a good thing, maybe have high damage but really low health, or are slower than other classes. like you see in the movies and stuff the monster is really strong but super slow and ends up getting deafeted but maybe if you make hunters slowish, not too slow but not as fast as the other classes maybe in arrow cast time or even just auto attacks could be slower or the gain of endurance

Tobias

• Global Moderator
  • AR1 Security Unit
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2013, 11:51:37 am »
I usually go by the top DPS of those that figured out the class and optimized their stats and gear to go with it. Generally that gives a good idea of what the actual DPS is.

Anyhow, the folks I have been testing with seem to do pretty fine with how things *currently* are.

Kitson

• Nyranthix
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2013, 09:25:21 pm »
I myself have something i'd like to put out there which i've noticed. Hunters are both melee and range attackers right? Well, Warriors are Melee fighters so they require having a lot of Health a long with their DPS. Priests and Mages, for the most part, are Ranged, so they don't require as much health because they shouldn't be fighting paw to paw, unless either they're confused, or the enemy is trying to use them as a scratching post (XD) Now hunters are both. But really hunters are more Meele fighters than ranged hunters, even though they use arrows. The way i see it, they should have a little less health in norms that Warriors, but their health should still be more than Priests and Mages because they do a lot of fighting on paw. (Well this is my observation)

And yes, as how hunters are right now, They're doing ok. Personally i feel like for Hunters, the world is their Supply shed XD

Tobias

• Global Moderator
  • AR1 Security Unit
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2013, 01:21:56 am »
That's sort-of true, I see melee doing quite a bit of damage at the moment. This is sort-of intended, because you don't get ranged skills until a few levels into questing, but the plan is that eventually they fall behind, in favour of ranged skills.

The ideal way I imagine it is if hunters deal good ranged damage, have skills to stay at range, and a few bare melee skills so they aren't completely defenceless (or want to save arrows). They shouldn't be completely helpless in melee (after all, how do you imagine canines hunting something), but their damage should slowly fall below the damage of arrows around level 20-ish.

cleo

• Bizz
  • Doom is Doom. Lookout.
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2013, 01:19:23 pm »
I Think The Hunter As Another Version Of The Warrior, Personally :P. They Are Coming Along Good Tho, So Keep Up The Good Work :D

hippo

• Noxxara
  • -asp-
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2013, 06:17:47 pm »
i agree with cleo