Forum - Crash Course in: DUNGEONS

Welcome! Please login with your in-game name.

Author Topic: Crash Course in: DUNGEONS  (Read 2200 times)

Caydence

• Lint
  • Sup.
« on: August 27, 2013, 09:24:44 pm »
SO HERE YOU ARE. If YOU want to run dungeons, yes YOU there reading this right now! But have no idea how to do it, simply read on, my little sturgeonfish.

If you are a:
  • New
  • Inexperienced
  • Armorless

player, then THIS guide is for you. Simply read all the instructions and before you know it, you'll be a pro like the rest of them (by them I mean pike because only he is true pro)

MAINTAIN PROPER BEHAVIOR - If you act like a jerk, chances are, people won't want to run with you.
GOOD GRAMMER AND SPELING PLX - talkn g lik ths will probbly get kicksed u
TRUST YOUR GROUP LEADER - Even if you are new or inexperienced, if you're running with a veteran team, always trust the one in charge.
YOU DON'T REALLY WANT IT...DO YOU? - Unless you really really really need something, try to refrain from wanting/needing.
FOLLOW DIRECTIONS ALWAYS - If you haven't run a boss before, your best chance on understanding how to make your run a successful one, is listen to the instructions relayed by your group members.
ASK QUESTIONS NOW, NEVER LATER - If you don't understand, please please please, ask your questions as soon as they arise. Incomplete comprehension of a dungeon run can lead to failure, no matter how experienced your group is.
120% AND NO LESS - half-assed dungeon runs = you will die
LEAVE THE BUZZING TO THE FLIES - Don't pester people when trying to run dungeons, respect their personal space. If they don't reply at first, wait 15-30 minutes and ask again, but do not push. Remember, others have lives too.
COME PREPARED - Try not to always depend on your group. Bring your own potions and buffs if you can.
YOU'RE JUST A BIT TOO YOUNG - Whatever you do, NEVER ask to run a dungeon above your level range.
WE DON'T CARRY NUDISTS - If your armor is not suitable for running a certain dungeon, then don't ask to run the dungeon.
SPEAK EASY - Remember, your party members want to HELP you, so trust in them and you'll be fine. Bring up your concerns to the group leader, follow rules and precautions, and never be afraid to ask for heals (unless you're the healer, in which case REVIT!)
DO YOUR RESEARCH - Wanna prepare for a run ahead of time? Ask around.
KICK ASS - Hopefully all this advice has sunken in. If it is, you're ready to beat some bosses. If not, well...good luck, buckoe.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2013, 09:29:38 pm by Caydence »

Tobias

• Global Moderator
  • AR1 Security Unit
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2013, 09:21:50 pm »
Psh, you have to ask us healers nicely if you want a revit. ;P
Otherwise we might just .. accidentally take a little bit too long to toss you that life-saving heal when the boss is almost dead! >3

Steelshard

• Lint
  • I was banned for being a complete jerk. X.x
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2013, 07:16:12 pm »
XD toby

Leopardstar

• Lint
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2013, 08:19:07 pm »
Toby that's just weird XD

Kirk

• Bluebell
  • Team Robot
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2013, 11:53:10 pm »
I really like this post cay. Even though there are almost 225 views, it seems that this common sense information is missing from some of the players. I wish that more people would stand fast to the practice and enforce it when others step outside of the bounds, new and old players alike. Salute to you and wish you were around more to try to keep the idea moving forward.