Forum - Frigid Spirits warming up for battle

Welcome! Please login with your in-game name.

Author Topic: Frigid Spirits warming up for battle  (Read 2353 times)

Candes

• Baby Bluebell
« on: June 20, 2013, 08:42:34 am »
A few days ago, when I was messing around in The Snow Pit after making Rina go up the tree, I decided to attract the attention of every frigid spirit in the area and run around the course (as in down the pit, to the far right, over the bridge, and back down). Being the high level character I am they mostly miss, and once in a while hit for 7 damage. I decided to take a break and let them catch up to me. When they arrived, they immobilized and quickly KO'd me with a steady stream 21 crit damages with almost perfect accuracy.

I thought it was a temporary problem with the server, so I dismissed it. I came on today to check if it still happens and sure enough it happened again.

Is this on purpose, or not.

Tobias

• Global Moderator
  • AR1 Security Unit
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2013, 02:48:50 pm »
That's on purpose, and well noticed. There are actually two things that happened here:

- Dodge reduction

If you have more than two monsters attacking you at the same time, your chance to dodge an attack is reduced. Even if you can dodge a level 20 monster with a 95% chance at level 30, if you have ten monsters meleeing you, your chance to dodge them will be much lower (if you want, I can check what exactly it is, but you'll be hit quite a lot). This doesn't necessarily mean they will crit; most of the attacks that land will still be regular hits.

- Soft Enrage

If you do not deal any damage at all to a monster for five minutes, it will begin landing a critical hit on every attack, until it resets, or dies (critical hits pierce through defense and armor, which is why the number's higher). What this tries to prevent is someone collecting all the mobs on the map (as a high level character), and then going away for a long time, making the map completely safe for any low level characters, and possibly also depriving them of monsters.

I completely agree that it's a really subtle effect (since there is no explanation for what's happening, they simply begin landing crits), and I will try to make it more obvious (probably giving them a buff).

(By the way, even if you see a temporary problem, report it. I can likely check what happened, and what was going on. A problem that fixes itself over time is still there, just waiting to occur again.)

Candes

• Baby Bluebell
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2013, 07:08:55 am »
Ok, thanks.

Tobias

• Global Moderator
  • AR1 Security Unit
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2013, 05:24:24 pm »
This has been added for the next reboot.
Monsters that enrage in that way obtain a buff, which pretty much tells you what happened.