Forum - Loot Pool

Welcome! Please login with your in-game name.

Poll

Which names should we use for the high-priority option, and the lower-priority one?

"Want" and "Take"
0 (0%)
"Need" and "Want"
3 (37.5%)
"Need" and "Roll"
3 (37.5%)
"Need" and "Greed"
2 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Voting closed: September 09, 2013, 02:22:42 pm

Author Topic: Loot Pool  (Read 2422 times)

Tobias

• Global Moderator
  • AR1 Security Unit
« on: September 08, 2013, 02:11:36 pm »
Rolling on a loot pool has two options right now (three if you count passing on the item):

- one that you use if you don't really care too much about the item, but you'd still take it, if no one else needs it (be it for selling, or for auctioning).
- one that you use if you need an item, in which cause you only roll against others that also selected that they need it (which causes the item to bind, so it can no longer be auctioned).

The current labels might be a bit .. ambiguous, so if anyone has a better suggestion, what should we use?

Steelshard

• Lint
  • I was banned for being a complete jerk. X.x
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2013, 04:02:01 pm »
I personally like the "need" and want because some people really need the item for example lets say if i need the nyran hat and a person who is a priest clicks take i want a need button because if i click "take" i might not get the item

Mardi

• Bluebell
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2013, 10:35:46 pm »
I love "need and greed"!  :) but I think need and want is clearer...so voted for that!

Tobias

• Global Moderator
  • AR1 Security Unit
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2013, 09:21:51 pm »
Okay - "Need and Want" and "Need and Roll" got the most votes.
Since the term "rolling" might not be clear to everyone, I'd say "Need and Want" is the way to go.

Thanks for voting!

Titan

• Lint
  • Questions Questions!
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2013, 08:29:07 pm »
And np :)

Leopardstar

• Lint
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2013, 07:06:25 pm »
I think ''need'' and ''want'' are good are good for now. they make it easier for like if there's lots of mages and a mage item drops from Caspar then the mages could all need because it may have like 34 magic in it and its very helpful for them especially if the mage doesn't have enough magic for a lot of things.