Forum - Quest indicators

Welcome! Please login with your in-game name.

Author Topic: Quest indicators  (Read 1974 times)

Alaunus

• Baby Bluebell
« on: August 14, 2015, 11:18:23 pm »
The only way I find out about new quests is when someone mentions them in Main. I wonder if you could add some marker for new quests on the maps?

Tobias

• Global Moderator
  • AR1 Security Unit
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2015, 11:41:17 am »
Eventually, I suppose. I know FF (for example) gives you hints about stuff to do in your general area (quests you haven't done yet, events that are up, dungeons that are there) when you log in. WoW uses differently coloured quest markers for repeatable quests, and you can show them on your minimap. Yellow markers popping up are very easy to notice. That'd also be easiest to do, but you still got to be in the general area to spot it.

On another note, since writing quests does take time, though, I never really felt too much like rushing people towards new stuff. If anything, I enjoy being ahead, since it feels like I have breathing room regarding content. ;P It's also good if people have to use #Main to work out details, it gives them an incentive to communicate, kind of the point of an MMO.

Finally, I want to avoid people logging on just to see "oh no new quest" and then log off again - if everyone does that, you have no one to play with. Vets being on to figure out "what's up" in the world is good, because it gives them a chance to get involved.

So, to sum up: I realize markers would add comfort and make things easier to use. I also realize that not having them gives people a reason to communicate and interact. Both approaches have advantages and disadvantages.