Forum - [Closed|Inactivity] suggestion for TVT

Welcome! Please login with your in-game name.

Author Topic: [Closed|Inactivity] suggestion for TVT  (Read 2217 times)

Shaun

• Bluebell
  • With Christ all things are possible!
« on: August 17, 2011, 10:35:24 pm »
Ok, I’m not sure how many would agree with me but I’m just giving my opinion on this. one thing I noticed is that most of the battles I fight it looks like I K.O. some one, but when the battle end it only says I K.O.ed a lesser amount then what I thought, so as a suggestion for what could be done to limit confusion on who K.O.ed who, you could add an alert message after K.O.ing a player letting you know weather you got the winning kill or not, plus a message stating who K.O.ed you. Example:

You have K.O.ed (players name)

You have been K.O.ed by (players name)

[Optional] in addition to this you could also allow shared points for assisted K.O. (that can only be divided between two people only, the person who dealt the most damage and the person who landed the killing blow)

Alert message: You and (players name) have K.O.ed (players name)
___________________________________________________________________________________________________ ______

Note: I am not doing this for myself, or any selfish reason, it’s merely just a standard suggestion. If no one else agrees with this or you don’t see it necessary to add then I don’t mind if it is not used.

« Last Edit: September 11, 2011, 12:43:28 pm by toby »

Tobias

• Global Moderator
  • AR1 Security Unit
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2011, 07:49:48 pm »
Hi Leon,

You don't really have to worry about whether I pick up suggestions as selfish or not; if they are, it's usually very very obvious. ;P

I guess most people don't know about it, but technically all that info (and more) is already available. Simply login to http://myu.icyworlds.net/ , and then click on "Logs" to see the combat logs of all maps you've recently been on. These combat logs are very detailed - they'll tell you who hit you, what they hit you with, what (de)buffs you got from whom, including who KOed you.

For example, here's a picture of the last few seconds of TvT, where you ran for the relic, and TvT ended just as Bramble was going to Thunderbolt you: [img]http://i54.tinypic.com/jzhes5.gif[/img].

The reason I'm not showing this on the client is that it's already bogged down with so much stuff - few people play on the highest quality, just because there's so many things going on already. Implementing the combat log client side just makes it worse.

However, the server-side combat log will tell you all you need to know - and even more, since it tells you the whole thing from the server's view (which is authoritative when it comes to deciding in what order events took place), it's completely accurate. Right now there is one main limitation: You can only view the combat log from the last time you entered the map, to the last time you left the map. However, that's easily fixed. If I find people are using the combat logs more, I'll add more features to them, including filters and actual parsing.

Just to see what kind of info you can gain from combat logs, have a look at http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/thgclze5zno51hp4/details/0/ . This wouldn't be anything that fancy, but just by organizing this data, you could easily figure out pretty much anything from a battle that you could imagine.