Forum - New class with new skin! Suggestion

Welcome! Please login with your in-game name.

Author Topic: New class with new skin! Suggestion  (Read 3019 times)

Azul

• Bluebell
« on: August 29, 2016, 06:29:08 am »
As the topic suggest above. And yes i know this can be a rather big implementation.

I'we been thinking lately that it's been an while since we got the hunter and it would have been cool with a new one.

And also i was thinking of making it kinda unique as in changing the skin from Wolf/Dog to Cat/Feline
I mean the skin is there already. And also i see some posts about getting cat "cosmetics" for the dog witch i feel wont really work.

I haven't really gotten any bright ideas as to what class etc. But maby since we don't have one it could base it self on attack speed. so a DPS melee class. maby make it kinda glass cannon and with an annoying doge rate?

Please give me a feedback on what you think, and if you have some ideas for skills. Or if you have a better idea.

Let the posts flow!
« Last Edit: August 29, 2016, 06:42:25 am by Azul »

Tawnyx

• Baby Bluebell
  • hoi
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2016, 05:53:47 pm »
I kind of like the idea, but it seems like a lot. Plus, you could always put a lot of stat points in agility. Personally, although it says we're wolves, we do look pretty cat-like already :P

Maybe there could be a pattern type thing to make you even more cat-like?

Ivypaw

• Casper
  • Mediocre at Best
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2016, 08:00:10 pm »
There's tabby, chesire cat, and siamese

Azul

• Bluebell
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2016, 07:54:03 am »
Well i can understand that the class part would be a lot of work.

but it seems we already have the cat skin implemented in game and it looks like it wouldn't take to much work to achieve.
(I have no personal experience in this matter so this is just an suggestion to the developers to decide).

Just thought it would be a fun workaround from trying to get a wolf to look more cat like.

Dovedragon

• Bizz
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2016, 04:42:15 pm »
Maybe a class where you would need to charge up a amount of power til you fire it? But then you would be either overpowered or dead.
I have a idea though, Perhaps a class where you can tame a group of monsters and they will be your little army. I think I would need to think up how to make your small army and ect but the problem with a tamer class would be that  you would solo raid dungeons which isn't that fun without other players.

Sonary

• Lint
  • Justice is to hearts what strength is to body.
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2016, 10:20:01 am »
Like.. what's that ... Beast Tamer? Would be cool.
But the Hunter is still in development, so I guess the mods will agree or not- and if yes it will be on the long to-do list :3

Ruder

• Bluebell
  • ...🔇...
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2016, 03:00:17 pm »
The Monster Whisperer! X3

Tobias

• Global Moderator
  • AR1 Security Unit
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2016, 07:07:44 am »
Personally I'd rather "clean up" the hunter class, and add a consistent concept to it. At the moment it's kind of a mixture between what you'll see as rogues and hunters on other games - which is a mess.

Keep in mind that it'd not just adding a new class that's work. You need abilities and skills - and new ones as you level up - and not just today, but also in a year, and two years, you constantly have to add new abilities for each extra class. Same for loot: when adding bosses, I'd not just have to add loot for four classes, but five - and not just for the current bosses, but also retrospectively for all previous bosses, and all future bosses. It does get out of hand - and especially if there's a class still "being tested", it makes sense to fine-tune that class.

As for skins - you can do that already, to some extend. Like, there's nothing stopping you from changing the ear shape in the sprite sheet, other than that you need to stay within the "confines" of each individual limb (you can make it smaller, but not bigger, because the client takes a rectangular region that's pretty much exactly as big as the graphic - partly for memory reasons, and partly to keep the sprite sheet graphic small).

Azul

• Bluebell
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2016, 06:33:01 am »
maybe we should make a tread on pros and cons on the hunter class?

personally i don't have much experience with the Hunter.
But when you mention it i don't recall seeing to many hunters in the game.
and from what i know it seems it has many cool skills but i think that it needs more focused skills.
i mean it seems none of the skill trees are complete.
like the pet function for example, it's part of the melee skill tree and it does not really make your pet all that good?
pet's are kinda weak by design (not saying they are useless) but if you can't base your dps or anything else on them even as a hunter.

As i said i have next to none experience with the class and i might be wrong about a lot.
so if anyone who actually gave it a try could comment it would be much appreciated.

And for the sprite sheet i will give this some though/work and get back to you.

If anyone have interest in the hunter class make a new one as the title on this one would be wrong.

Also thank you for reply Tobias :)

Tread closed.