Forum - [Fixed] I can't get the stuff

Welcome! Please login with your in-game name.

Author Topic: [Fixed] I can't get the stuff  (Read 2061 times)

Berry

• Noxxara
  • Hello :3
« on: August 18, 2011, 08:58:06 pm »
A few days ago i was killing lizards and i jumped off a small edge and the lizard followed when it was done making it's shield. I ended up killing when it had jumped and a scale stayed in the air. I tried jumping off the edges to get it but i couldn't get far enough.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2011, 02:49:51 pm by toby »

Tobias

• Global Moderator
  • AR1 Security Unit
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2011, 12:12:21 pm »
Hi,

Just as an update to the bug - the main issue here is that monsters drop their items at the very location they die - during a jump/fall, this would be in the air.

I may make items to drop on the floor underneath the monster, but it's a messy change (due to the way items drop for now - they're not linked to the monster they drop from, which is additional information I'd need to transmit, and then convey, on the client, that they dropped from that monster, to the floor).
The other issue I see is that monsters may be jumping over a gap (with no floor below them). I can make items drop on the place they jumped down from, but it'll look a bit odd.

Where would you expect them to drop?

Tobias

• Global Moderator
  • AR1 Security Unit
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2011, 02:49:40 pm »
Well, due to the lack of feedback I'll assume it doesn't matter and just do what's easiest for me. :3

If a monster dies in mid-air, the items will drop where the monster would have landed if it hadn't died. The change should go live upon next reboot - thanks. ^^