Forum - [Closed] Cannot Jump?

Welcome! Please login with your in-game name.

Author Topic: [Closed] Cannot Jump?  (Read 2345 times)

Daymare

• Noxxara
  • Day
« on: August 19, 2011, 12:43:46 am »
Hey there. I was doing the emeraldscale with Brightspirt and Kitson, and then suddenly my up arrow for jumping doesnt work. Double-clicking stuff doesnt work either. Is this a bug, or is it probably a computer problem?
« Last Edit: September 11, 2011, 12:12:39 pm by toby »

Kitson

• Nyranthix
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2011, 12:56:57 am »
happens to me sometimes. but i use a wireless keyboard. maybe it was a problem on your end.

Tobias

• Global Moderator
  • AR1 Security Unit
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2011, 06:30:16 pm »
It's probably a latency issue; jumping requires your character to be exactly at the position you see it, so that you'd make the jump to the different platforms you may be at. If - for whatever reason - your character isn't where you see it (because the Flash client and the server disagree on where you are standing), pressing jump makes your character walk to your current position first.

Try waiting a bit and see if you jump after like 5-10 seconds: if that's the case, it was indeed a latency problem. If your character still doesn't jump, Ctrl+Click it (or the monster you're controlling), click on its name and then file a bug report that includes the time (to the minute, if possible) when it happened. I can then check the logs and see what was going on with the character at this time.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2011, 01:40:56 am by toby »