Forum - Broken guild?

Welcome! Please login with your in-game name.

Author Topic: Broken guild?  (Read 2481 times)

Aith

• Baby Bluebell
« on: November 11, 2017, 04:53:14 pm »
Okay so, when I logged in to check if anything was new on guild it showed nothing. https://www.pawdgame.com/adventurers/Aith/screenshot/?id=15440.615208d5

The map also isn't working?
https://www.pawdgame.com/adventurers/Aith/screenshot/?id=15440.2e918454

Dovedragon

• Bizz
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2017, 07:15:10 pm »
I'll add onto this glitch report since I'm also getting this bug/glitch , but other guilds work fine but TLD. When someone is getting promoted to a rank, it doesn't show who promoted them, and if a player just joined the guild, they're the only player that shows up.

Some players in the TLD guild aren't affected by this, but others are.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2017, 07:17:15 pm by Dovedragon »

Tobias

• Global Moderator
  • AR1 Security Unit
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2017, 07:25:41 pm »
Interesting XD

I'll look into that. My guess is that it has to do with how many members you have. I mean, I don't want to put any hard restrictions on the number, but 737 really is a bit much.

Tobias

• Global Moderator
  • AR1 Security Unit
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2017, 08:02:25 pm »
Right - so just glancing at the code, the number of guild members being too high is exactly what's going on. It can't fit the roster into a single message, and hence (as a safety measure) simply bails and doesn't do anything (even though it would likely still succeed, since not every character has the maximum number of letters in their character name).

Now, I don't want to artificially limit your guild growth, but 737 members really is extremely high - just scrolling through the roster must be a pain. I could change the protocol to allow more members, but I don't think that's the right way to do it. There has to be some limit, and it seems to make sense to make it a bit lower than what's required to fit into a message.

So, what I'll do is fix it so much that the guild will load for you - as I said, for safety, it's being pessimistic, and bails the moment it sees it can potentially not fit the whole roster into memory. I'll change it so it tries to fit as many as possible, and only bails if it actually runs out of space.

Nonetheless, I will also put a limit on the maximum number of players in a guild - with 650, there's no risk into hitting that limit, so that'll be the limit for the time being. This will be a soft limit for a few weeks, so you have some time to think of how / best to get to that number. After that, it'll become a hard limit.

This'll be effective next reboot, let me know if there's any concerns with that.

Ivypaw

• Casper
  • Mediocre at Best
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2017, 08:47:31 pm »
(TLD has decided to clear out inactive accounts, as that what makes up most of the guild! thanks for making the limit haha)

Tobias

• Global Moderator
  • AR1 Security Unit
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2017, 06:45:37 pm »
Even with 650 you can leave many in the guild - you shouldn't have much problems clearing out characters that haven't been on for a year or so. XD