Forum - Custom Pattern Questions

Welcome! Please login with your in-game name.

Author Topic: Custom Pattern Questions  (Read 3409 times)

Mistyy

• Bluebell
  • ❤ ❤ ❤
« on: December 22, 2017, 06:28:54 pm »
I decided yesterday to try to make a custom pattern but I'm not sure about everything on how to do it. Some of my questions were answered from reading the Paw'D wiki and other forum posts about this, except I still am confused on some things:

1) Does this even look right? https://sta.sh/01471q6lvsv2

2) Which layer do I color on the dialogue sheet? The layers I see are titled "Object 1" (has the different shades of blue), "Expression" (has the transparent face / ears), "Lines" (has the outline), "Base" (has only blue w/ shading), and "Final" (has blue w/ shading and outline). I'm thinking I should either color on "Base" or "Final"- but just making sure.

3) Where do I send both of these in when I'm done? I heard that you file it into a support ticket or something but where is the support ticket and how do I put the pattern stuff in it?

4) If /  When a pattern is approved, how do you know that it is? Does it just show up as one of your pattern options in Radium's Den and you just "buy" it like you normally would with other patterns using the Fancy Magic Box or do you have to do all sorts of complex technology stuff to have it on your character? (Wanting to put it on Mistyy)

5) Will my fur still be grey if / when I use this pattern- like will the dark blues be dark grey, light blues be light grey, etc. ?

Thanks!

Pepsi

• Baby Bluebell
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2017, 08:01:50 pm »
1) Does this even look right? https://sta.sh/01471q6lvsv2
I believe so.

2) Which layer do I color on the dialogue sheet? The layers I see are titled "Object 1" (has the different shades of blue), "Expression" (has the transparent face / ears), "Lines" (has the outline), "Base" (has only blue w/ shading), and "Final" (has blue w/ shading and outline). I'm thinking I should either color on "Base" or "Final"- but just making sure.
You should color on the base layer, just as you do with your full sprite sheet.

3) Where do I send both of these in when I'm done? I heard that you file it into a support ticket or something but where is the support ticket and how do I put the pattern stuff in it?
Do /support in-game and click "Other Support".

4) If /  When a pattern is approved, how do you know that it is? Does it just show up as one of your pattern options in Radium's Den and you just "buy" it like you normally would with other patterns using the Fancy Magic Box or do you have to do all sorts of complex technology stuff to have it on your character? (Wanting to put it on Mistyy)
You will get a "feedback ticket" when it is approved- if you are online when that happens, you will immediately get mail. It will show up as a transparent, black box with a yellow outline at the top of your screen. You can click it so you won't need to go to a village/call your guild page.
 You can buy it just like any normal pattern. It will show up as By: Name (# of pattern)

5) Will my fur still be grey if / when I use this pattern- like will the dark blues be dark grey, light blues be light grey, etc. ?
You might need to specify in the support to make it recolorable, but yes. (I recommend that you request the fur is private too.)

Tobias

• Global Moderator
  • AR1 Security Unit
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2017, 02:28:46 am »
You might need to specify in the support to make it recolorable, but yes. (I recommend that you request the fur is private too.)

By default, all patterns are private unless you specifically say it should be public. So it's the other way around, if you don't say anything, I'll assume it's just for you.

As for being recolourable, the default is that patterns follow your dyes. If you specifically say you want it not to be recolourable, or if you use different colours in your pattern than the blue hues from the template, then the colours will be static. Again, the default if you don't say anything is "make it recolourable". ;)

2) Which layer do I color on the dialogue sheet? The layers I see are titled ...

As long as you don't colour on the layer with the eyes and the expression, you're fine.

Mistyy

• Bluebell
  • ❤ ❤ ❤
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2017, 07:47:47 am »
Thank you for the help Pepsi and Toby! ^.^ So I can send these in as PSDs or MDPs through the support tickets, keeping all the layers, right?- Or as a PNG if I hide eye and expression layers?  (Sorrrry for all the qustions; promise this is the last. I just don't want to mess everything up.)
Sprite: https://imgur.com/9hp6Y5y
Dialogue: https://imgur.com/bNjRaQR

also yayyy 1 more day until christmas

Tobias

• Global Moderator
  • AR1 Security Unit
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2017, 11:45:37 am »
Thank you for the help Pepsi and Toby! ^.^ So I can send these in as PSDs or MDPs through the support tickets, keeping all the layers, right?- Or as a PNG if I hide eye and expression layers?

PSD and MDP both work, and I'll remove the unneeded layers myself.

You can also send a PNG with the eye and expression layers hidden, but you have to make sure you use a transparent background, and that you aren't hiding a layer I need. If you send me the PSD / MDP I take care of all that.