Forum - [Closed] Thunderstone idea

Welcome! Please login with your in-game name.

Author Topic: [Closed] Thunderstone idea  (Read 2236 times)

Kitson

• Nyranthix
« on: August 30, 2011, 02:50:57 am »
Hey, i don't know if this is a bug so i'll post it there too. i accidently used a thunderstone on the wrong target and cancelled it. but my stone went bye bye so... howabout it poofs AFTER you cast the bolt?
« Last Edit: September 11, 2011, 12:35:27 pm by toby »

Tobias

• Global Moderator
  • AR1 Security Unit
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2011, 09:11:24 pm »
I know what you mean - it's a pretty big call though, because changing that affects any other item that works similarly.

I like that items such as the Potion of Life get consumed right away: it adds a bit of risk to the whole thing, because if you get hit, stunned or slept before the cast is over, the item is gone - wasted. That means you have to pick the right time to use it - instead of just trying and retrying and retrying.

It makes sense "lore" wise too - if you use the Potion of Life, you start feeding it to whoever you used it on - or if you use the Thunderstone, you're doing something with it (breaking it apart?) that unleashes its magic (which is symbolized by the cast bar). If you stop doing it - would the rest of the item still be good?

It's a tough call, because on one hand, I understand it's frustrating consuming an item due to a mistake - on the other hand it does make it more risky, and thus requires players to spend a greater amount of thought on just when they'll use it - instead of blindly going by trial and error.

Kitson

• Nyranthix
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2011, 09:18:32 pm »
Trying and error...my specialty. XD but i guess you have a point...BUT...

Tobias

• Global Moderator
  • AR1 Security Unit
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2011, 02:02:25 am »
buuuuuut? ;P

Tobias

• Global Moderator
  • AR1 Security Unit
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2011, 12:35:17 pm »
Closing for inactivity.