Forum - I have a question about making furs!

Welcome! Please login with your in-game name.

Author Topic: I have a question about making furs!  (Read 1298 times)

Oliver

• Baby Bluebell
« on: April 06, 2020, 08:04:02 am »
Hi! So recently I've been kinda wanting to make my own fur, but the character that I wanted to make has mostly blue fur, like this: https://toyhou.se/5464010.acri-digit/gallery#18855684

The whole transparency thing when making a fur is a bit confusing to me. I think that drawing a blue fur pattern will make that pattern transparent? If that's the case, would that mean that I'd have trouble drawing their fur design? I don't want any part of the fur to be transparent.
If it's a problem, then I wouldn't mind drawing a purple version of their fur, but their original blue fur design would be preferred ^^"

Vanilla

• Bluebell
  • -`♡´-
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2020, 01:41:59 pm »
When you draw furs, don’t worry about what color it will be in the game. Draw with the blues given (or change the tints/shades, but not the hue) in the sprite sheets. Once the pattern is into the game you can change what color your character is at Alexandra (in Saliko).

Drawing with the blues given is what makes your fur dyeable. Though- if you don’t really care about being able to do that, I think you can just draw the fur you want directly onto the spirits sheets using whatever colors you want (so you don’t have to use the same blue). If you do that, you have to say in your support ticket when submitting that those are the colors you want permanently on your fur. Something like that.

I’m not sure what the transparency thing you talked about was? But drawing with blue won’t make you invisible. xD Only erasing parts of limbs would do that, which isn’t allowed anyways. When you submit the fur pattern, you make extra layers transparent/delete them. That’s the only transparency-related thing I can think of.

If I’m wrong somewhere, sorryyy. Anyways, good luck with your fur Oliver! ^-^ The reference you’re using looks nice.

Oliver

• Baby Bluebell
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2020, 12:38:40 am »
Ohh ok, thank you for clearing that up for me! Some of the rules about making the fur were very confusing to me, there were a a few things that I was still worried about :'D
Thanks for the quick response, btw!