Forum - Questions about refining

Welcome! Please login with your in-game name.

Author Topic: Questions about refining  (Read 1253 times)

Herbie

• Bluebell
« on: April 24, 2020, 12:08:26 pm »
Hi, my first post here :-) I couldn't find any info in the wiki or in the forum, so I decided to try to ask here: how does the refining work? For example in the description of Pure Ferrite it is written that using it upgrades the armor and the damage that an item does, but I used it successfully on few pieces of armor I have and the stats did not change at all. So maybe there are higher levels of refining? And is it possible to accidentally break/downgrade an item during the process? It's a bit confusing.

localguest

• Bluebell
  • The everchanging winds drift so gently...
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2020, 08:46:41 am »
From what I understand, you can refine up to the 5th level on a single piece of equipment (since you're using Pure Ferrite, it can only refine up to a level of 4). You can only refine head, tail, gloves and anklets with it. Honestly, I'd rather save the ferrites to use on higher level equipment.

Each time you successfully refine a piece of equipment, you get 1 Armor. It's hardly much, and you'll only feel the increase when you're refining multiple equipment. You only get the damage boost when you're refining your main hand glove (gives 1 Attack/Magic per refinement level). I'm not exactly sure about the success rate, but I think it's guaranteed on the first refine.

When you fail, there's a chance that the refinement level stays the same, or it drops by 1. It won't destroy your equipment.

Herbie

• Bluebell
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2020, 03:24:01 pm »
Thanks a lot, that pretty much explains everything I needed to know. In fact when I took a look not at the refined item's stats but at my overall stats before and after refining I noticed a minimal but still a change.