Forum - Respawning points

Welcome! Please login with your in-game name.

Author Topic: Respawning points  (Read 1696 times)

Herbie

• Bluebell
« on: May 12, 2020, 03:40:55 pm »
It can always happen that you just need to die in the game, well, maybe not need, but it is unavoidable. So you respawn. In many cases the points where you respawn are well placed, but sometimes the relation between the place where you die and the place where you come back to life is illogical and something could be done about that. I read the suggestions guidelines and my would fit in this line: "gameplay is changed to be fluent", because the current game state at this point makes it longer - and more annoying at times - than it could and really should be. Some examples:

1. You die on the Galepeak - you respawn near the Crystalthicket cavern. Why? There is a much closer respawning point near the crystal, just below the Galepeak;
2. I died several times on the screen to the right from the bridge over the Abyss or where the hive is located and the game threw me back to the Blackwood Caverns while there is a much closer respawning point near the Temple of Trials;
3. Probably the most inconsistent respawning case is related to location 1 screen down below the entrance to the Cultists' Prison. While most of the times I respawn near the Argan spirit located there, several times the game even threw me to the screen down from the Moonlight Monastery. And from the earlier stages of the game: when you die while fighting the Cultists in their camp you are not being respawned next to Moonlight Monastery area I mentioned above, but below the bridge, near the Twigmoss Burrow which means more going around to the place where you died.

So my general suggestion is re-mapping of the respawning system so the player would be brought back to life "as close to the place where the player died as possible". Every area even could have a constant default respawning point.