Forum - [Closed] Party tokens?

Welcome! Please login with your in-game name.

Author Topic: [Closed] Party tokens?  (Read 2383 times)

Kitson

• Nyranthix
« on: September 06, 2011, 10:23:58 pm »
In the GvG, me, zuki, and brambs were in a group, but when i would get tokens or coins from the chest, zuki got half of them. this normal?
« Last Edit: September 11, 2011, 12:03:37 pm by toby »

Tobias

• Global Moderator
  • AR1 Security Unit
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2011, 02:30:08 pm »

If you're in a party and set the loot mode to anything but "Free-For-All", loot assignment is random. If you pick up an item, there's a 1/3 chance that Zuki would get it - if you pick up 2, the chance is 1/9 that Zuki would get both of them, and so on.

There's a few caveats to it: If you have full bags, or couldn't carry the item anymore for whatever reason, it won't even consider you. So, if you and Brambs had full bags, then any items you pick up would go to Zuki, until her bags are full too.

I may make a "Round-Robin" mode, where it goes though all party members in a circle (Brambs, Zuki, you, Brambs, Zuki, you, etc.), but it is a hassle to implement because of all the "special cases", where people are on separate maps (do they get separate "circles" for round robin? what if they join and play on the same map then, do they circles get merged?), or where only some players are eligible for a quest item (do they get separate circles for every item where not everyone is eligible? I can't just skip ineligible players because then the player *after* the eligible players would get more loot than the others).

Random is very hassle-free, because it just happens to even out on the long run - even though you may get lucky and unlucky streaks.