Forum - [Closed | No Support from the OP] Spawning more monsters during night

Welcome! Please login with your in-game name.

Author Topic: [Closed | No Support from the OP] Spawning more monsters during night  (Read 4049 times)

Tabitha

• Lint
  • keep believing... whales can fly if they want to!
« on: September 20, 2011, 10:46:57 pm »
do u think in the game only some monsters should spawn more at night than at day? (like minecraft for example: zombies spawn at night but when morning comes, they burn in fire from the sun)
« Last Edit: February 24, 2013, 01:29:27 pm by Tobias »

Kitson

• Nyranthix
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2011, 11:01:30 pm »
This sounds like an interesting idea. The spider pits culd have more spiders, but it might cause a problem...

Zelos

• Baby Bluebell
  • <3 MacGyver <3 Zelos <3 Zak B <3
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2011, 12:28:48 am »
Preseaaaaa <3

[User was warned for spamming.]
« Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 02:00:37 am by toby »

Tobias

• Global Moderator
  • AR1 Security Unit
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2011, 06:18:17 pm »
Sounds interesting. :3 It might confuse players though, who don't realize that certain areas suddenly became harder, only because it's night.
For example, the Shooeys near the chapel only appear from midnight to 1am (game time) - and very few players that ran into them associated their appearance with the game time.

That said, what monsters do you imagine would spawn during the night, and where? :3

Kitson

• Nyranthix
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2011, 09:57:40 pm »
Again, the spiders in the Spider pits. I would say the same for The Mountains, but it's already hard enough to pass that area after dying a couple times.

Tobias

• Global Moderator
  • AR1 Security Unit
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2011, 09:46:53 am »
Hmm, personally I think it's .. a bit too subtle. As in, no one would correlate that the additional spiders spawned because it's night. In fact, I doubt people would even notice that detail (would you know how many spiders are in that put regularly? I could pull it up from the database, but even I don't remember it by heart.).
Essentially, they'd just find the map harder, and have no clue why.

It'd need to be a lot more obvious to be effective, such as significantly higher level monsters spawning on every map.
I feel that might be something for Halloween, where the outside maps become rather unsafe during the night. It'd mean a lot of work though, since I'd need to mark maps as outside map (right now, there's no distinction between them, so I need to go through all maps and manually decide if they count as indoor or outdoor map).

Tabitha

• Lint
  • keep believing... whales can fly if they want to!
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2011, 09:05:03 pm »
i am lazy so i am skimming ur texts, if u want to give me deatils later, message :D (laziness is contagious >.<)

Kitson

• Nyranthix
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2011, 12:31:57 am »
Tell me about it... -pushes HW off his desk and takes a nap- XD In the end, it's up to toby.

Tobias

• Global Moderator
  • AR1 Security Unit
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2011, 10:44:35 am »
i am lazy so i am skimming ur texts, if u want to give me deatils later, message :D (laziness is contagious >.<)

I don't see why I should message you with a synopsis of what I wrote, you can read it at your leisure. I have enough work at hand. If you don't care, don't post in a forum where the primary means of communication is text. :3
In any case, since you're continuing this general theme of "I don't care to read what you say" that you have demonstrated earlier in game, as well as earlier in this forum, I am giving you a warning for flaming: don't create posts that have the sole goal of causing upset.

Tell me about it... -pushes HW off his desk and takes a nap- XD In the end, it's up to toby.

In the end, yes. Though you are receiving feedback of what parts of your suggestion work (in my opinion) and what concerns I have. You can either address those, in which case I'll consider what you said, or not, in which case I make up my own idea of what'll work and what won't.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2011, 10:56:19 am by toby »

neeki

• Bluebell
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2011, 02:22:54 pm »
i know 2 shooeys at night r good at da church BUT EVEN MORE?! i dun liek et i can BARELY get past 1 of em!

Kitson

• Nyranthix
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2011, 10:45:55 pm »
ya can just run past em. XD