Forum - [Implemented] guess wat. it's special idea time!!! :D

Welcome! Please login with your in-game name.

Author Topic: [Implemented] guess wat. it's special idea time!!! :D  (Read 3041 times)

Tabitha

• Lint
  • keep believing... whales can fly if they want to!
« on: September 30, 2011, 11:58:18 pm »
ok, so this is what i have thought about over some of my time:
 I. Fruit in the trees
  sometimes when i play, i cant heal myself or i'm too far away from a food source (like a village, an ncp, etc.) so i thought maybe we (by "we" i mean Tobias) could creat a new one! maybe we could get seeds (i havnt thought of where you might get them from yet) and maybe plant them to make a certian kind of fruit tree and that we could hit it and make fruit (apples, oranges, pears, etc.) then we could eat it and regain some health :D (i'm still kinda a noob and ik it's not THAT good so plz, just put up with my noobyness :'D) what do ya think?

P.S. could there also be weather? (i'll hav another post for this if u wana know about it)

[Mod-Edit: Weather effects have been implemented. ]
« Last Edit: February 24, 2013, 01:23:10 pm by Tobias »

Berry

• Noxxara
  • Hello :3
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2011, 01:55:33 am »
I would the weather part! we have night and day so storms and rain would complete it!  ^^

Tabitha

• Lint
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2011, 04:20:07 pm »
exaclty :D i was thinking in some other places it could snow 2 and when it's sunny those lizards with flowers would get a little stronger :D (but i should keep this for the other post, ... i almost might not since u just explained it.)

Tobias

• Global Moderator
  • AR1 Security Unit
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2011, 08:36:39 pm »
  sometimes when i play, i cant heal myself or i'm too far away from a food source (like a village, an ncp, etc.) so i thought maybe we (by "we" i mean Tobias) could creat a new one! maybe we could get seeds (i havnt thought of where you might get them from yet) and maybe plant them to make a certian kind of fruit tree and that we could hit it and make fruit (apples, oranges, pears, etc.) then we could eat it and regain some health :D

Sounds like a pretty good idea - the animation would be a bit weird if the apples are high up, but it's a good idea nonetheless.

P.S. could there also be weather? (i'll hav another post for this if u wana know about it)

The game does support some weather effects, but it'd be a rather major change to consider:
- When would the weather effects change?
- How often would they change?
- How large of an area would change?
- Also, while it's easy to just enable a weather effect, it'll look weird if it goes from a bright and sunny day to showers and storms. You'd need transient states (where the sky darkens), which can be rather complex to add.
- I'm sort of wary about subtle effects (such as the lizards getting stronger when it's sunny), as few if any players would ever realize that. They'd get confused why a monster is suddenly stronger, and probably not associate it with the weather or the time (unless accompanied with less subtle hints, such as the flower of the lizards closing during night - which amounts to quite a lot of re-animating though).

To be honest, when I played World of Warcraft (which has all those weather effects), I barely cared about them. Sure, they were cool the first time you saw them (sandstorms in Tanaris, rain in Ashenvale), but apart from the first time I saw them, I barely remember them. Because of that, I think it's an overkill for as long as I'm pretty much the only one contributing to the game world's graphic files (not including some monsters), and something to put off for later.

Tabitha

• Lint
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2011, 04:28:28 pm »
first of all, (this is non-game related) LUCKY u actually can play world of Warcraft D: and i didn't know there was also weather in it! :D
 second, (game related) i can kinda image how hard that would be, but sometimes the more hard work u put into it, the better it truly is! :D but tobias, good luck making this game more awesome, (i cant image how rly!) ^U^

Tobias

• Global Moderator
  • AR1 Security Unit
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2011, 10:51:41 am »

Well, you could too! I don't think it costs more than any other regular PS3/XBOX game anymore, either. Watch out though, it'll let you waste as much time as you're willing to put into it, which can be a lot. X3

I'd say I'll try settling for the fruits for now. ;P The weather effects are something to do later, when I feel inspired enough to draw rain and storms. X3

Tabitha

• Lint
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2011, 10:44:17 pm »
no, my friends can, but i cant cuz my dad dosent want me to end up like my older sis who plays that game in hr room ALL day AND night and someitmes we dont consider her part of our family, (she nvr comes to family vacas cuz she's playing =.=) ;3;

Tobias

• Global Moderator
  • AR1 Security Unit
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2011, 08:15:00 pm »

Yeeeah, that's WoW for you. ;P It can be extremely addicting, because there's always just so much stuff to do there - and once you're spending your hours away, it's reeeeally hard to stop. X.x

.. so you should be lucky that you can't play it? ;P