Forum - [Implemented] Automatic Revive in PvP maps change

Welcome! Please login with your in-game name.

Author Topic: [Implemented] Automatic Revive in PvP maps change  (Read 2757 times)

Kitson

• Nyranthix
« on: October 22, 2011, 10:51:58 pm »
We both know that it's automatic after twelve seconds or so right? (hope i don't sound bossy) well, i was thinking that it should only apply to the events and not just general PvP, since some of us like to do things like have rugs. XD
« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 08:45:13 pm by toby »

Tobias

• Global Moderator
  • AR1 Security Unit
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2011, 02:04:09 pm »
Right now it auto-respawns players 12 seconds after getting knocked out, unless they receive a revive first (in which case they can stay knocked out as long as they want).

I implemented it so that -
  • a knocked out player cannot spy in TvT: They can observe what's happening right after they get KOed, so they'll see if that relic got taken or not, but not much beyond that.
  • AFK players are removed from the PvP map.
  • players can't just stay in the PvP map, knocked out, and "hang out" that way.

I don't mind them staying KOed in a PvP map for RPing (or trophy XD) purposes, but it needs to be consensual (id est, they can only stay if the players that are alive are fine with it) - and right now I don't know how to best implement that. :3

Kitson

• Nyranthix
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2011, 03:36:46 am »
My apoligies that i haven't replied, but i've been going over the pros and cons of keeping and changing the system for automatic reviving. I currently have a small list, but i haven't been able to sort it out.

Tobias

• Global Moderator
  • AR1 Security Unit
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2011, 07:11:42 pm »
Well, anytime you're ready. ;P

Kitson

• Nyranthix
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2011, 06:40:38 pm »
Took me so long cause i was lazy and realized that many reasons were simply repetitive.
i see multiple pros and cons with this.

One con is that people won't want to spend time using revive or buying the potions (if they are not a priest) just for rugs. XD
also, with the people wanting to choose, besides more work, imagine it coming at a stalemate between how many people want the body disposed of and how many want it there. the server can't decide, and the person stays, and everyone is annoyed even more than if the person just stayed, because their vote is not really doing much.

Now, a pro as i see and as you said is that there's no spies or anything, but that's only for the events.
In general PvP, i only see that working if the owners don't want a wolf from another guild listening in.
But if lets say friends are just fooling around, then it would pretty much ruin the fun having to kill eachother every fifteen seconds or so. And uh... That's all i could muster up without sounding like a broken record.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2011, 12:27:38 pm by toby »

Tobias

• Global Moderator
  • AR1 Security Unit
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2011, 12:33:17 pm »
Alright, I'll change it so the automatic revive only applies for TvT and GvG.
Applying it for PvP, like you said, is a pretty difficult situation that sometimes not even humans can decide objectively.

I will add another change in return, though: While you are KOed in PvP maps, you cannot use public chat (you can talk in #Main, #Party or #Guild, however). I imagine that gives some incentive to stay alive, makes sense (who could talk, KOed?), and while I didn't see anyone do it yet, it'd prevent a KOed player mocking ad infinitum.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2011, 04:20:11 am by toby »

Kitson

• Nyranthix
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2011, 10:09:34 pm »
Hmm... that seems fair. :3 and...-noob- what's ad infinitive?

Tobias

• Global Moderator
  • AR1 Security Unit
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2011, 04:19:42 am »
http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=define+ad+infinitum

ad in·fi·ni·tum/ˌad infəˈnītəm/
Adverb:   Again and again in the same way; forever. ;P