Forum - [Implemented] Houses?

Welcome! Please login with your in-game name.

Author Topic: [Implemented] Houses?  (Read 2107 times)

Rainpath

• Baby Bluebell
  • [an outdated meme]
« on: October 27, 2011, 09:58:54 pm »
hey toby, i was thinking that everyone should have a place to be by themselves in the game, so i though, "Hey, why doesn't Tobias make houses for the game??" It should have an item called "Standard Bed", "Standard Table", and "Standard Stool". 3 basic items i would happily design. please let me know what you think, toby. sent me a letter in the game. ~Rainpath
« Last Edit: November 30, 2014, 08:18:32 pm by Tobias »

Tobias

• Global Moderator
  • AR1 Security Unit
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2011, 06:19:43 pm »
The problem with houses is that the only thing they'd really accomplish is removing players from the "outside game world", as they sit in their houses - which is the exact opposite of what I'm trying to achieve. Quest hubs and villages exist to bring people together, and everyone being in their house, away from the game world, kind of works against that.

With that in mind, it would be a rather big change to implement with little (if any, at all) benefit for the game, really. There is the map editor, which you can use to design your own map - but even that is barely used.

On the other hand, this has been implemented. Houses are also accessible by others, though house owners may lock them.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2014, 08:18:16 pm by Tobias »

Kitson

• Nyranthix
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2011, 08:32:09 pm »
As to what toby said, you can use the ME and make your own "house", which could be like a forest or something. Then you can be ingame all you want and be in your house. However, as toby said (again) that kills the point of the game.