Forum - [Implemented] Taffy Potions?

Welcome! Please login with your in-game name.

Author Topic: [Implemented] Taffy Potions?  (Read 2052 times)

Telivision

• Lint
« on: November 09, 2011, 07:27:07 pm »
I know we have potions that use herbs and stuff, but why not have potions that use taffy?

You know how everyone has a lot of left over candy corn and taffy? Might as well give it more use than sugar rushes and healing and mana! I'm thinking that you'll need either one of each type of taffy or only some taffy will make the cut. Especially blue taffy. Maybe it takes 2 blue taffy to make a Deluxe Healing Potion? Recovers 30% of the base health, but 40% if the potion is taking effect on a user with less than 45% health.

Well maybe not exactly like that, but maybe something similar that would make it an extremely valuable potion? Because today, blue taffy is no longer available. ): [Me and Cay got Jak today~ Loool.]

Anyways, maybe candycorn could be a Major Hybrid Potion? It's double-- maybe triple the effect of one candy corn alone.

It's not a great idea, but I'm sure it'll make some progress over time.

[Mod-Edit: Hybrid potions have been implemented.]
« Last Edit: February 24, 2013, 01:26:09 pm by Tobias »

Tobias

• Global Moderator
  • AR1 Security Unit
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2011, 12:20:15 pm »
To be honest, Taffy is really good as it is. You underestimate it.

Unlike other food, it provides a percent-based recovery, so it'll scale with your level. None of the other items do that, and I won't make a good item even better just because certain people did farm the monsters that drop them a lot. Having stocked up on a recovery item that will stay relevant no matter your level should be reward enough. And Blue Taffy, giving you a +5 all stats buff, is pretty good by itself. That's more health, more mana, more attack, more dodge, more crit.

Though, I do like your suggestion of hybrid healing potions (that recover health and mana, though at a lower rate than a non-hybrid potion would). :3