Forum - Spooked Debuff

Welcome! Please login with your in-game name.

Author Topic: Spooked Debuff  (Read 2371 times)

Telivision

• Lint
« on: November 09, 2011, 07:49:58 pm »
Maybe whenever you go into combat with a Shoo/Shooey there should be a debuff called spooked? Perhaps it raises your defense but lowers your attack.

It's technically a buff and a debuff, making the victim happy but upset at the same time. See?

Tobias

• Global Moderator
  • AR1 Security Unit
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2011, 12:26:34 pm »

If anything, I'd imagine a spooked person having less defence, since they have tunnel vision and panic.

I like the idea of the debuff, but at this point you need to be careful balancing its effect, as you fight Shoos and Shooeys in Casper's encounter - so a significant debuff might make the encounter much more difficult than intended (for level 20s, at level 25 the encounter is much easier, I know that).

Caydence

• Lint
  • Sup.
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2011, 04:08:32 pm »
I'd see this as a new Casper hard mode XD Maybe as a quest? running through the dungeon with that debuff in mind. And adding to casper's health.

Perhaps Casper with 100k+ HP and the spooked debuff? I can imagine an FB sort of encounter here XD Would be interesting c:

Tobias

• Global Moderator
  • AR1 Security Unit
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2011, 05:22:56 pm »

Well, I'd say Casper should be left as he is. He was a challenge at level 20, and got easier with each subsequent level. If we change him a lot, we risk that it'll be impossibly hard for level 20s.

As for adding new encounter modes to Casper - let's move on to new encounters instead? :3