Forum - [Closed] Spiders

Welcome! Please login with your in-game name.

Author Topic: [Closed] Spiders  (Read 2051 times)

Berry

• Noxxara
  • Hello :3
« on: November 12, 2011, 03:58:58 am »
Haii-ya!
I was doing the Hollow tree with CinderFire and MoonPaw and I had moved from the Spider Pit 2 with about 10 spiders following me around to the Spider Pit 1 and all the spiders followed me through the map.  Most left me alone and went down the tree to the bottom but one or two still tried biting me till i killed them. 
I don't know if it's a bug but it's never happened before to me.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2011, 10:41:12 am by toby »

Tobias

• Global Moderator
  • AR1 Security Unit
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2011, 04:32:26 pm »

Hi Berry,

Spiders won't follow you through maps - could it be that you switched from Spider Pit 2, and Spider Pit 1 already had 2 spiders waiting at the portal?

Berry

• Noxxara
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2011, 05:42:03 pm »
Oh ok but what about the other spiders? I thought they only stay at the bottom at the pit and in the branches unless they follow you? The spiders were on the portal and the only other person in the spider pits that i know of is MoonPaw who was doing rain's quest.

Tobias

• Global Moderator
  • AR1 Security Unit
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2011, 07:04:15 pm »

If a spider resets within a certain radius of where it initially spotted you, then it won't leash back - and so might end up on a different platform.

For example, you could aggro a spider next to the final branch leading to the top of the pit, web it on the branch, and then exit the map. The spider would reset, but would not leash back, since it was within still within a small radius of where it initially spotted you. As a result, it'd now path around on the branch.

Now, if you repeat that again, you might be able to lure it to the top.

A monster leashing back is simply a protection so someone else cannot train a monster on you - if the monster loses them as target, and it's too far away from where it initially entered combat, it'll run back, ignoring anything on its way there. Luring monsters to different platforms is rather tedious, and shouldn't really cause much of a problem - however if it *does* become an issue (ie. people mass-luring monsters onto a single platform), I'll do something about it.

Berry

• Noxxara
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2011, 11:38:50 pm »
Ah ok