Forum - [Implemented-ish] Private Map Features?

Welcome! Please login with your in-game name.

Author Topic: [Implemented-ish] Private Map Features?  (Read 3960 times)

Lone

• Baby Bluebell
  • HerpDerpMerp
« on: November 14, 2011, 09:17:49 pm »
Heya, Lone here!
I have a suggestion, say, you make a map using Map Editor. And its a hang out, for your friends. Say, your not on because your sick and your friends want to hang out in the room really bad, well, here's a fix-it-up type thing!

Maybe once the creator saves the map, they have the option to enable their guild or certain friends to have access to it no matter what, but say, if its your guild, you can't let anybody else in not in your guild, only the creator of the map may. Same with the friends list.

Maybe there can be a 'Kick' feature in private rooms. Say if someone is being rude and won't leave - Wala! Problem fixed.

One more suggestion.
Maybe there can be a 'Private Map Scroll'. Its a scroll that has all your private maps on it, or maps people allow you in! That way if your in the Fruit Bat Territory -  And you want to go to one of your private rooms, but your town/dungeon scroll is cooling down? Then, no need to get flustered! Just used your Private Map scroll, click the map you want to go to, it gives you your code, then once you hit 'Okay', wala! In the map. c:
« Last Edit: November 30, 2014, 08:15:28 pm by Tobias »

Tobias

• Global Moderator
  • AR1 Security Unit
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2011, 09:22:48 pm »
Sounds pretty reasonable.

Maybe once the creator saves the map, they have the option to enable their guild or certain friends to have access to it no matter what, but say, if its your guild, you can't let anybody else in not in your guild, only the creator of the map may. Same with the friends list.

That's probably not *as* easy to do as the rest of your suggestions, because I would need to add additional UI elements to the map editor. It's not too difficult, just a bit time consuming (also because I have to store the information somewhere separate, too).

Maybe there can be a 'Kick' feature in private rooms. Say if someone is being rude and won't leave - Wala! Problem fixed.

I'll see into that. Chatrooms usually have kick features, so no reason to not give that feature to private rooms as well. It'll probably be a /cmd command though.

Maybe there can be a 'Private Map Scroll'. Its a scroll that has all your private maps on it, or maps people allow you in! That way if your in the Fruit Bat Territory -  And you want to go to one of your private rooms, but your town/dungeon scroll is cooling down? Then, no need to get flustered!

It'd have a cooldown too, but sure, I'll see into that. :3

[Edit: After creating your map, you can get a 'persistent' code, which will always work and can be used by anyone to access your map. The tools have also been extended to allow resetting the map, and give map owners moderation privileges inside their map.]
« Last Edit: November 30, 2014, 08:16:34 pm by Tobias »

Lone

• Baby Bluebell
  • HerpDerpMerp
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2011, 09:30:43 pm »
Oh, I understand for the first one. :3 You can only do it if you have time. ^^

For the kick feature - It would completely kick them out of the room though, right? And to prevent them from coming back in, the password changes for them - Only.

Oh, yes! I forgot to add the cooldown part, and thanks. c: