Forum - [Closed] Exile bug

Welcome! Please login with your in-game name.

Author Topic: [Closed] Exile bug  (Read 2209 times)

Kitson

• Nyranthix
« on: November 18, 2011, 06:21:00 pm »
yeah... i got them to hate me again. XD weird thing is, they didn't attack me. Is it just the ones outside in the camp, or inside the cave or all?
« Last Edit: November 27, 2011, 11:27:09 am by toby »

Tobias

• Global Moderator
  • AR1 Security Unit
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2011, 02:01:47 am »

None of the exiles will attack you as long as you are not hostile to them.
What status did you have with them when they attacked you?

Kitson

• Nyranthix
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2011, 02:23:11 am »
Hostile. I figured it out later though. ^^;

Tobias

• Global Moderator
  • AR1 Security Unit
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2011, 02:27:49 am »
There is actually an "unfriendly" state where they won't attack you just yet. Maybe that confused you :3

Kitson

• Nyranthix
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2011, 02:56:16 am »
Yup. that's what it was. so... wait how does that one work?

Tobias

• Global Moderator
  • AR1 Security Unit
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2011, 04:00:48 pm »
Well, I only had Hostile, Neutral and Friendly so far. Seeing Kay initially doesn't let you into their village, I felt like it would be a good idea to combine that part of the quest with the reputation system.

However, it felt weird claiming that Ashaya was hostile, because, well, they aren't. So, I added an "Unfriendly" class as well, which is just above Hostile, and put Ashaya in that.

Basically, there are two main classes so far:

• Aggressive: Monsters in that class attack you on sight.
    • Hated: The bottom of the hostile class. If you reach the worst possible reputation, your client will show that.
    • Hostile: Anything, up to neutral.
  • Non-Aggressive: Monsters in that class will only retaliate if you attack them, or if you support someone that they hate.
    • Unfriendly: This is the bottom of the Non-Aggressive class, usually spanning just a few reputation points. May be missing entirely, too. If you access a shop, or repairs, the NPCs will charge you a 5% premium.
    • Neutral: Shows their name tag as yellow, and they won't charge you extra gold for repairing or purchasing items.
    • Friendly: Shows their name tag as green, and if you repair, or buy items with such NPCs, they will give you a 5% discount. Your spells and attacks will no longer affect these NPCs unless you specifically check 'At War' at their respective entry in the faction list, or are already in combat with them. If you do the quests, you should end up being friendly with most factions.
    • Honoured: At the top of the reputation list. NPCs will give you a 10% discount if you are honoured with their faction.

Some items are only purchasable if you have a certain reputation - so for example, if a faction is unfriendly towards you, they may not offer you all the items they have.

Hope that helps. :3
« Last Edit: November 25, 2011, 03:00:30 am by toby »