Forum - [Closed|Inactive] BFA bugs

Welcome! Please login with your in-game name.

Author Topic: [Closed|Inactive] BFA bugs  (Read 2247 times)

Kitson

• Nyranthix
« on: November 20, 2011, 05:36:13 pm »
2 Actually. Me, berry and Nettle were just messing around. Then Berry and Nettle got into BFA, and i don't know how, but berry made it into BFA map 2 without killing Baldarr. Took me a few tries too but eventually i got in. I was at the far right of the map and Nettle at the Far left with baldarr and after she died, Baldarr must have not seen me and reset, and i made it past. Second bug: when i was walking back to the village, baldarr spotted me and attacked but The lion guy didn't do anything.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2011, 02:22:38 am by toby »

Tobias

• Global Moderator
  • AR1 Security Unit
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2011, 07:55:12 pm »

1) Yeah, you can sneak past the boss - the rest of the dungeon isn't locked. It won't do you much good, however, because the dungeon event won't start unless Baldarr is killed - so I don't really see a point in making a bullet-proof check. Kudos for getting past him, though.

2) Jacob will only attack if he's alive as you engage Baldarr. If Jacob spawns after Baldarr is engaged, he will stand back and protect the village from the spirits instead. I could check if Baldarr is in battle when Jacob spawns, and have him run in, but it's really just a for-the-story thing, and I don't really want to mess around with it a lot (seeing BFA has been tested a lot).

Berry

• Noxxara
  • Hello :3
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2011, 10:54:02 pm »
I finally (kinda) got to c wut's behind baldarr!!  I liked that bug xD
And I thought Jacob was a monkey....

Tobias

• Global Moderator
  • AR1 Security Unit
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2011, 03:02:55 am »
Pff, you only saw two maps. ;P

Once Baldarr is down, those maps do come to life. XD And there's a few extra maps after that. ;P

Tobias

• Global Moderator
  • AR1 Security Unit
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2011, 12:05:47 pm »
All right, I checked the code; what you saw is sort-of on purpose, and it only happens in very specific circumstances - namely someone else but you has to pull the boss, and you have to move to the far end of the map, without generating any hate whatsoever on the monster. If all that happens, the boss will actually reset without going after you, if it has no other targets.

Without this check, bosses that you fight on large maps, like Zhakkan, or Vilefang, would actually start hunting down idle players at the entrance if the group doesn't succeed in killing them.

Now, I could 'fix' it easily - all I have to do is broaden the scan range to the entire map.

The question is, whether it's a good idea (seeing you can't skip any bosses anyway, and that it would make a boss chase down every single player, even if they never participated in the fight and are so far away that the boss doesn't see them) - or whether we let the boss reset if it has no more players on its hate-list, and doesn't have any non-hated players in it's immediate sight.

Kitson

• Nyranthix
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2011, 10:22:50 pm »
i think that Baldarr should have a nice hunting spree. Cause, well, Vile does it, so Baldarr (and possibly the other bosses too) should be the same i guess.

Tobias

• Global Moderator
  • AR1 Security Unit
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2011, 06:14:38 pm »

Weeell, Vilefang wouldn't do it - if someone just stands at the entrance, while the rest of the group fights, she will reset if that rest of the group dies, without hunting down the person at the entrance.