Forum - [Fixed] Another Friggus lair bug. I think

Welcome! Please login with your in-game name.

Author Topic: [Fixed] Another Friggus lair bug. I think  (Read 2258 times)

Kitson

• Nyranthix
« on: November 20, 2011, 07:30:39 pm »
Well, you know howw you can't see other players in a dungeon unless grouped right? well, Me, berry and Nettle did it earlier and i left the group while trying to help someone. Thing is, they entered the dungeon and i saw them. O-o;;
« Last Edit: December 10, 2011, 01:12:30 pm by toby »

Tobias

• Global Moderator
  • AR1 Security Unit
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2011, 07:47:22 pm »

Dungeon groups are slightly messy - whoever starts the group, makes the dungeon. So, if you start the group, it'll create a dungeon for your character, and all other characters join you in it.

To protect the other players in the group against the leader rage-quitting the group, they will keep the dungeon even if their leader leaves the group. So, if you - as a leader - leave the group, then someone else has to invite you, so you get into their dungeon and not yours again.

I could check whether another group is already in the dungeon of your same ID, and hint in the chat window that someone else must start the group if that's the case. That's probably the cleanest solution.

Tobias

• Global Moderator
  • AR1 Security Unit
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2011, 06:33:21 pm »
All right - this should be fixed now.

The server will now check if a group with that instance-ID already exists (which would happen if the original leader left it and started a new group), and if that is the case, it will assign a new instance-ID to the group, to keep them from getting the same instance. You should not notice anything from that.

In addition, I changed the way that /reset works. The command will still reset your own instances, unless you are the group leader, in which case it will reset whatever instance the group would currently go in to.

Kitson

• Nyranthix
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2011, 08:55:41 pm »
ah. uh... ID?

Tobias

• Global Moderator
  • AR1 Security Unit
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2011, 09:00:34 pm »
Identifier. ;P Don't worry, it should work. XD

Kitson

• Nyranthix
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2011, 10:09:26 pm »
XD ii what an I'D is. XP I meant of how it worked. But after rereading it, I figured out that it meant that the game will check them IDs and I'd The leader of a new group has an old id, it will overwrite/delete the old one. Am I right? :3

Tobias

• Global Moderator
  • AR1 Security Unit
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2011, 02:21:52 am »
It works exactly the way I said. ;P Instances have IDs - if you have the same ID, you go in the same instance. Usually the ID it uses is the user-ID of whoever created your group. If you leave your group and make a new one, two groups used to have your ID - that's why you ended up in the same instance if no bosses were killed yet.

With the change, it will realize that a group already has your ID, and it'll no longer use your user-ID for instances, but a new ID that it generates. That way you enter separate dungeons.

Edit: This has been verified as fixed.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2011, 01:12:24 pm by toby »