Forum - [Implemented] Lieshy's Quest

Welcome! Please login with your in-game name.

Author Topic: [Implemented] Lieshy's Quest  (Read 2150 times)

Telivision

• Lint
« on: December 12, 2011, 02:17:47 am »
Because posting it here just seems to be less of the stress. Whee.

Introduction Area

Oh hello. Why are you here?

*She listens to your story with a smile spreading across her lips*

Interesting. Very... interesting. Well, If you've noticed, I'm scythest. I always try my best to improve my scythes and make scythes for other people. I've recently begun on a little mission here. The only materials I haven't used in my scythe formulas are topaz, citrite, and amber.

Heres where you come in!

I'll pay you some gold if you get me the ingredients. I'll also need a little bit of coal. I already have the handle, which is made of 100% steel. Well, steel smelted into some copper, of course. I also have the mold and oven all prepared. It'd be useless if you declined!

Mining for Life

Great! Now, heres where you can find the minerals. :)

You can find some topaz inside one of the tents in the Exile Hideout. We don't need much, actually. Just grab what we can make do of. At least 3 should do it.

I heard Exiles talking about harvesting citrite from the Rockscale Lizards in Midnight Mountain. We'll need plenty of it, to be honest. Get at least 6 of it.

Amber is simple, actually. Most of Midnight Mountain has amber, but the problem is, the Scavenger keeps taking the large hunks. So you won't be seeing much of the amber we need. However, I believe the Scavenger has been breaking the amber into shards for the young. Maybe if you defeat some, you'll get enough small amber to equal to the amber we need. 8 should be enough to complete it.

Oh, the coal? I saw some of the Rockscale Lizards carrying some and feeding it to their hatchlings. Apparently it helps them grow their crystals? I guess. Anyways, they don't always eat it, but they usually do. I only need 3 coal rocks for now. Possibly you could scrap the coal off of them? Careful, tho. If one of the mature lizards see you attacking their young, they won't hesitate to defend them.

Time and Encounters

These will do perfectly.

*She calmly takes the minerals off of you*

It's going to take a while to smelt it all together. While I do this, why not defeat the Scavenger? That should take up enough time, haha. :) By then, my experiment scythe should be done and we can take it for a little test run?

End of Quest

7 minutes or less

--

Just in time. You weren't wrong when you said you were the fastest Ashaya has ever seen! Haha. Anways, like I said, heres your reward!

10-14 minutes

--

Nicely done. As promised, heres your loot.

15 and above

--

Wow, that took you forever! If I had known you'd waste precious time dawdling instead of fighting, I would of just told you to stay here while it smelted. I finished it a while ago. Still, despite that minor flaw, you'll get what you worked hard for.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 08:42:32 pm by toby »

Tobias

• Global Moderator
  • AR1 Security Unit
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2011, 08:48:30 pm »
Liiike I said, I think it's well written and definitely fits in - so I'll see what I can do to get it implemented. ^-^

A few remarks that I'll likely just change in your quest:

- The Bloodfang Scavenger is a rare spawn, and drops a useful item. Requiring to kill it multiple times will take a good while, and if several players do the quest at the same time, you'll run out of monsters to hunt. Spawning a Bloodfang Scavenger just for the quest is messy because it's abusable (someone could just spawn Scavengers with no intent to kill them), and I'd need to reduce the drop rate of its good items significantly if there'd be an abundance of Scavengers around.

- Right now, players can't wield scythes (nor knives or similar), so taking it for a test run would require significant changes to the game client that aren't necessary. ;P

Apart from that though, it's well done!

Tobias

• Global Moderator
  • AR1 Security Unit
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2011, 08:49:48 pm »
I've drawn Lieshy as NPC so far, who would look like this:
[img]http://i44.tinypic.com/10h6bs4.jpg[/img]

Telivision

• Lint
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2011, 09:42:46 pm »
Yes, but the quest can always be edited before its implemented. c:

Tobias