Forum - [Implemented] Living Diamond

Welcome! Please login with your in-game name.

Author Topic: [Implemented] Living Diamond  (Read 3383 times)

Telivision

• Lint
« on: December 16, 2011, 12:59:11 am »
I guess you could say its the Scavenger of all living minerals? -shot-

Its little "gang" that stalks it is 3 Living Coal, and 2 Living Topaz. One of it's abilities could be like, "summon minions," but it summons more coal and topaz? xD

I learned about minerals last year in school :3 So because diamonds can only be scratched by another diamond, why not give it a  nice big defense? The health, however, should be a little low. Big defense and big health = overkill much?

Well, that's all I have in mind right now. c: If I have any more ideas, I'll be sure to pop one into the suggestions board xD
« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 08:38:43 pm by toby »

Tobias

• Global Moderator
  • AR1 Security Unit
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2011, 03:39:52 pm »
Having another monster does sound like a good idea. Probably just one or two of each would be plenty - it'll be a rare spawn and drop topaz as well as coal, so it'd help getting your quest done faster if have the power to defeat it? :3

Kitson

• Nyranthix
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2011, 09:52:15 pm »
I was thinking after reading this: since it's a living DIAMOND, maybe it should be a neutral monster. Cause many wouldn't think to mess with it unless they're either really strong/in a good group, or have a doom wish. ^^; So it wouldn't have much reason to attack others. Unless you attack either it or it's minions.

Tobias

• Global Moderator
  • AR1 Security Unit
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2011, 04:00:31 am »
Yeah, I was thinking that.

It'd be a way of saying "hey, if you can handle that, you'll get your quest completed much faster, but if you don't, just stick with the single monsters" - and if it's aggressive to start with, then it wouldn't be much of an option. ;P

Telivision

• Lint
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2011, 05:27:27 am »
What I meant is for the map, the Living Diamond could be, as your first post stated, maybe a rare spawn. Sort of like the scavenger. Mostly, it could be about equal in strength with the scav, if not a little stronger. Its defense would be at least 15% higher than normal, but because it'd seem a little over-kill without slightly less health than you might expect. ^^ Although, I sort of see what your saying.

It could drop coal and topaz, but its rarest and more valuable drop could be something like, "Shimmering Diamond," or something somewhat similar to that.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2011, 05:29:21 am by NinnyTheKitty »

Kitson

• Nyranthix
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2011, 02:57:48 am »
I fought the Living Diamond the other day, and i think it's pretty neat. However, if you ask me, it seems a bit too weak. Me and storm were fighting it, she was knocked out, and i was able to finish it off. Maybe more health and defence maybe?

Telivision

• Lint
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2011, 06:59:31 pm »
Well, Kit. It already does have a 70% defense, but its health is 1.8k, which is pretty low, actually. Only because the defense is so high, the health was put at a nice low. I see what you mean tho. It could have a slightly better attack and maybe 2.1k health instead?

Kitson

• Nyranthix
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2011, 08:09:34 pm »
hmm... that sounds fair, considering that a thrash does around 785 or something damage at lv 6. XD still... Well, sounds like a neat idea.

Telivision

• Lint
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2011, 11:59:22 pm »
Not really on Astro. Does about 550-600 generally.

Tobias

• Global Moderator
  • AR1 Security Unit
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2012, 08:37:11 pm »
Well, Kit. It already does have a 70% defense, but its health is 1.8k, which is pretty low, actually. Only because the defense is so high, the health was put at a nice low. I see what you mean tho. It could have a slightly better attack and maybe 2.1k health instead?

Okay, I'll arrange that for today's update.
Keep in mind, you out-gear it. Not everyone is in full BFA gear. ;P