Forum - Idea List for Holiday Events [updated]

Welcome! Please login with your in-game name.

Author Topic: Idea List for Holiday Events [updated]  (Read 2521 times)

Telivision

• Lint
« on: December 19, 2011, 06:01:29 am »
Because sometimes when I'm laying around, staring at my ceiling, I get some proactive ideas. c: I thought it'd be easier if I listed the ideas I currently have on this topic. xD Sorry if some ideas are similar or exact to anything already in the game ^^' Heh.

• Christmas

Any of the Christmas event monsters could drop presents, such as... Red Christmas Present, Blue Christmas Present, Striped Christmas Present, etc. You get it? Also, up until Christmas Eve, you could sign up to be someones secret santa. Only thing different will be that you won't know who your giving the presents to, and the person wont know who their secret santa is, so people can't send gifts back and forth. The requirements to sign up for being a secret santa could be to have at least 2 presents already. If you try to open a present, you could get an error saying, "maybe you should give this to someone else." Maybe something else. xD Anytime up until Christmas Eve, or until the event ends, you can send presents. ^^ Although, the only thing I haven't figured out is how to make the presents bound to everyone but the person your gifting to...

• Easter

Some monsters, like baby bluebells, could have bunny ears attached to their heads and will tend to move faster. Also, HT bosses could drop Easter eggs, maybe 2 per boss. To "win" the Easter egg hunt, you need at least 20 eggs and you can hand them into a NPC for a prize. Every 20 eggs turned into the NPC can earn you a prize.

• Valentines Day

...gimme some chocolate. -shot- Luca could give you a box of chocolates, a fresh bouquet of roses, and a lyric sheet that was originally for Alexandra but he chickened out.

Box of Chocolates: Recovers 1500 health and 1600 mana over 12 seconds. "Chocolate... Mmm..."
      Fresh Bouquet of Roses: Give to any Wild Honey Bee that will fight by your side for a short time. "Smells great!"
      Lyric Sheet: A thin piece of cardboard with sweet words written in thick ink strokes. Use: Sing to a cave bat (only works on the bats in the guild dungeon, the bloodfang bats, and any other cave bat besides the Echo Wailer, etc.) to make it become your pet.
[/list][/list]
« Last Edit: December 27, 2011, 05:58:05 am by NinnyTheKitty »

Berry

• Noxxara
  • Hello :3
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2011, 11:35:28 pm »
I love the secret Santa idea >:3
and for Christmas can there b pointsida(srry suck ay spelling)
In town? They're common where I live I don't no bout anyone else....
They're the big red flowers grown only this time of year and r really pretty
And I think they already have Easter eggs

Tobias

• Global Moderator
  • AR1 Security Unit
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2011, 03:41:43 am »
Any of the Christmas event monsters could drop presents, such as... Red Christmas Present, Blue Christmas Present, Striped Christmas Present, etc. You get it?

Yup, something like this should be coming up soon. :3

Secret Santa is all well and good, but I wouldn't want people to be disappointed if their secret santa was slacking. Though, the way you described it, it'd probably hold up well. I'll think about it.

Although, the only thing I haven't figured out is how to make the presents bound to everyone but the person your gifting to...

That's not hard to do (seeing I have the source code of the server, I can make it do whatever), but I can just imagine certain people would simply create a second account and gift it to themselves. ;P

Telivision

• Lint
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2011, 04:26:12 am »
Well, I don't see how they'd do that, considering its completely random and the chances of that happening would be very slim. And if they were to slack, why would they of signed up in the first place? xD

Tobias

• Global Moderator
  • AR1 Security Unit
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2011, 08:36:48 pm »
They'd sign up to get presents? ;P

Anyway, this is how I've implemented it so far -

- You can gift any item that you have, by giving them to Alyshia.
- If you provide at least 2 items, you're Alyshia will look for a Secret Santa for you as well.

I'll put some kind of limitation in so that people don't sign up with separate accounts (otherwise I just know there'll be one person that signs up a dozen times, and so gets gifts from a dozen of people) - either that, or I'll see that they're matched up with their own accounts. XD