Forum - Another Quest

Welcome! Please login with your in-game name.

Author Topic: Another Quest  (Read 3232 times)

Telivision

• Lint
« on: December 23, 2011, 10:11:11 pm »
Oh dear. Somethings gone wrong. This isn't the plan at all! You see, those jesters in the factory usually make the toys. I went in there to check up on progress. Oh yes, progress has been made alright. Only problem is when I tried to take a gift off one, it started to attack me! Somethings not right here...

Although, I have a plan. Here, take this gift box. It's completely empty, but I bet we can simulate a present by filling it up with rocks and such. If they takes the gift, maybe they'll give you one of the presents in exchange.
*She hands you a couple more gift boxes.*

For now, lets experiment.
*She also digs some snow up, shoveling stones from the earthy surface and drops them into the colorful boxes.*

If it works, come back to me and I'll give you another so you can get more presents back. Right now, we only need 10 presents. One for Andy, one for Benjamin, one for Kay, one for Jasmine, one for Tanja, one for Lieshy, one for Kiu, and one for Yvonne. Also one for me, of course! Oh, and one for you. Also, I can give you a couple more if you want to give some of the jester's presents to your friends.

--
progress
--

I don't think thats enough presents. It's only fair that everyone can get at least one gift this Christmas.

--
finished
--

Ooh great! I can't believe it actually worked. This is simply splendid. All I have to do now is put on the tags and deliver these. Thanks!

--
side note from me :3
--

The extra gift boxes are what you can give to the jesters to get presents for Secret Santa. There should also be a little crate by Rosie maybe, with gift boxes in them. The max you can carry could be somewhere around 11-20. Even after completing the quest, you can still get quests. Also, maybe a couple days after Christmas you could still be able to give people gifts since you don't have that many days to get the presents? It might seem too easy tho to get presents, so maybe the jesters could attack you after exchanging gifts because they opened it? I hope this doesn't screw up anything tho.

neeki

• Bluebell
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2011, 12:44:42 am »
whaaaaaaa...?

[User has been warned.]
« Last Edit: December 29, 2011, 05:23:53 am by toby »

Tobias

• Global Moderator
  • AR1 Security Unit
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2011, 05:23:15 am »
whaaaaaaa...?

Teli is - in case you haven't noticed from several in-game quests - contributing quest texts and ideas.
I am giving you a warning for flaming. If you have genuine questions, you are welcome to ask, but your current post (considering your past behaviour) make me believe you are simply trying to cause upset.

Tobias

• Global Moderator
  • AR1 Security Unit
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2011, 05:34:13 am »
I do think that's a good idea, and something to try for next event.

One of the problems with this year's event was that some people give great gifts, while others gave as little as bug shells or apples. By having Christmas boxes drop from the monsters, it'd take away that variable. Dazz and I went over the list and made sure that players that just spammed cheap presents didn't get assigned an unproportionally large amount of presents from others, but your idea would actually fix that altogether.

Seeing you posted that on Dec 24 already, I commend you for your foresight (though since a lot of gifts were already handed to Alyshia, there wasn't much I could do). This will very likely be the quest to be implemented next time. :3

Telivision

• Lint
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2011, 07:26:23 am »
Lol. What if you forget tho xD?

Tobias

• Global Moderator
  • AR1 Security Unit
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2011, 06:06:45 pm »

I don't have such a bad memory. You can always remind me, but especially when I'm like "okay what could I do now?", or recall how the quest worked this year, then I'm pretty sure I'll remember this. ;3