Forum - Quest Design contest winners!

Welcome! Please login with your in-game name.

Author Topic: Quest Design contest winners!  (Read 5716 times)

Tobias

• Global Moderator
  • AR1 Security Unit
« on: January 14, 2012, 09:20:42 pm »
All right! Sorry this took a little while, I had a really busy week - and knowing exams are around the corner, it won't get any better either.

There were a couple of submission, and a lot of them were really good. To rank them, I first made a set of criteria reflecting what I said in the contest rules (very simple quests, with a focus on story and underused items and NPCs), and then rated every quest against the criteria.
Each criterion was weighted, based on how important it was - for example, background story was rated high, because a bad story wouldn't really excite anyone, or even entice anyone to do the quest, whereas several other things were rated low, because I could fix them easily. You can find the criteria themselves attached to this very post - unless I forgot, in which case remind me!

So, the list of winners? Adding up the scores, we have:

First Place: Birk
Second Place shared by: Kitson, Mela and Berry
Third place: Zuki
Fourth place: Tusimia

[img]http://my.icyworlds.net/forum/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=333.0;attach=216;image[/img]

I'll get in touch with the winners individually. The exact ratings are attached to this post, as is the document containing my corrections and feedback. Congratulations and thanks to everyone who participated! Some of the quests will be implemented very soon, so stay tuned!
« Last Edit: January 14, 2012, 09:22:58 pm by toby »

Mela

• Baby Bluebell
  • No
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2012, 09:26:00 pm »
It's because we didn't really use unused items. We just invented a whole bunch of brand new items, huh?

Tobias

• Global Moderator
  • AR1 Security Unit
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2012, 10:24:51 pm »
In part. ;P Yours is a really good quest chain, and you put a lot of effort in it. I can totally see that, so kudos for it.
There are minor plotholes (check the PDF I attached), but they could be fixed relatively easily. Essentially I do think they'd be a great idea to add in, but for purposes of the contest, you added several new items. I set the criteria in stone before reading any quest in detail on purpose, so that I wouldn't be biased - and that's what we ended up with. ;P

Berry

• Noxxara
  • Hello :3
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2012, 11:39:35 pm »
Yaaaa we got 2nd
-Happy dance-
Gratz Birk! =^-^=

Mela

• Baby Bluebell
  • No
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2012, 11:50:05 pm »
Got a 4 in spelling and punctuation..... -crushed-

Berry

• Noxxara
  • Hello :3
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2012, 01:05:22 am »
I read the feedback and for Mela's and mine(anything is bold has been changed or added)-
*Sandra bends down and whisperes into your ear:*While your here, <name>, I was wondering if you could run to the forest witch
for me? I know we had chased her away a while back and she hates us people of Saliko, but since the last time you’ve been here, the branches in our trees seem to be getting
extremely weak and breaking every time the wind blows by. This is an extreme danger if anyone
were to be walking directly below when it happens. To avoid anyone getting hurt, would you mind asking Rose for her potion? I over-heard Alexandra talking with Luka in the cafe about a new potion Rose had come up with and Alexandra’s plans to get the recipe. The potion is supposed to make plants stronger and firm. I would go to her house myself, but I’m too busy making sure people don’t enter the garden with the branches in their condition.

For the 2 gold reward it would b replaced with 75 silver, maybe?
The 3 gold- maybe just 1 gold. After all she is making u go out to the witch's house who was chased away xD

Kitson

• Nyranthix
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2012, 01:35:41 am »
XD Birk beat me by .3 points. XP Ahwell,  congratulations Birk! ^^

neeki

• Bluebell
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2012, 12:31:58 pm »
i dont care if i got 4rth I GOT MY OWN QUEST ON A GAME :D

Tobias

• Global Moderator
  • AR1 Security Unit
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2012, 12:37:34 pm »
Got a 4 in spelling and punctuation..... -crushed-

Well, to be honest, the criteria for a "5" was that no changes were necessary at all. You had a few typos in there, but many others had much more. You can see that in the PDF on the post, which has all my corrections in it, too.

XD Birk beat me by .3 points. XP Ahwell,  congratulations Birk! ^^

Oh, he did have a solid lead. ;P You both did do very well, though. ^-^

i dont care if i got 4rth I GOT MY OWN QUEST ON A GAME :D

I won't be able to add in invincibility potions, though. Like I said in my feedback, if I added that in, you'd have Caydence, Dazz and the others run around in PvP, invincible, and people would start killing Sakkara in his hardest mode without a healer, because of that potion. Unconditional invincibility can not exist in an MMO.

neeki

• Bluebell
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2012, 09:45:03 pm »
umm make it a healing poition then :3

Kitson

• Nyranthix
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2012, 10:55:47 pm »
Neeki, i hate to break it to you, but... Your quest really didn't go side by side with the guidelines and rules for the quest. Also, you can't change it anymore. Thing is, The ingredients you put are for that potion, and we already got selected ingredients for healing potions. 'sides, you'df have to resubmit the quest again to change it, and the contest is unfortunatelly over. ^^; sorry.

neeki

• Bluebell
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2012, 05:20:50 pm »
ok so my quest isnt getting put in D:

Tobias

• Global Moderator
  • AR1 Security Unit
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2012, 07:26:25 pm »
Well, in any case, I am sure there will be more contests, so I wouldn't worry about it too much. ;P

Kitson

• Nyranthix
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2012, 11:22:21 pm »
Don't feel so bad neeki! ^.^ What's important is that you tried. Next time, if ya need help ask someone to help! ^.^ (I could help. XD )

neeki

• Bluebell
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2012, 09:06:03 pm »
i never made any games or quests or game stuff so no wonder i got in 4rth place AND didnt get my quest put in >.< but it was fun and weird at the same time :P