Forum - Monsters in Custom Maps

Welcome! Please login with your in-game name.

Author Topic: Monsters in Custom Maps  (Read 2989 times)

Tobias

• Global Moderator
  • AR1 Security Unit
« on: January 21, 2012, 03:24:52 pm »
A lot of you have been coming up with pretty elaborate maps, and I've been asked more than once to add monsters to those maps.

As such, the plan is to allow everyone to place monsters in their own maps. These monsters will not have any drops, nor will they give any experience - for obvious reasons. Since some monsters only work properly under specific circumstances (because they are heavily scripted, such as Sakkara or Frigus, or because they have a special meaning), I want to go by a whitelist, and specifically enable those monsters that will be allowed.

With that in mind, what monsters would you like to see on your maps?

Berry

• Noxxara
  • Hello :3
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2012, 06:26:33 pm »
Bluebells and cladt's bears r mah fav x3so those plz

Kitson

• Nyranthix
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2012, 09:02:37 pm »
Going by this... all monsters Except for, as you said, bosses, world bosses (bizz, emeraldscale) or special monsters, like grown bluebells, orchid flies, ect. XD still, that'd be many. I myself prefer fliffies and exiles.

Berry

• Noxxara
  • Hello :3
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2012, 09:43:54 pm »
And ghostly gnats from mister hunts if those r allowed. Srry forgot to say those ><

Tobias

• Global Moderator
  • AR1 Security Unit
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2012, 07:29:50 pm »
Going by this... all monsters Except for, as you said, bosses, world bosses (bizz, emeraldscale) or special monsters, like grown bluebells, orchid flies, ect. XD still, that'd be many. I myself prefer fliffies and exiles.

Well, I really don't want to go by blacklist ("all except X"), because I am bound to overlook something. Whitelists ("none except X") make sure that every monster that can be added in has been checked and whatnot.

So far:
- Baby Bluebells
- Rogue Ambusher
- Fliffies
- Exile Guard
- Exile Hunter
- Forest Gnat
- Ghostly Gnats

Telivision

• Lint
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2012, 09:39:15 pm »
I think it'd be a good idea to add some of the bats and the caterpillars. c: Maybe not /all/ the bats, but some of the weaker ones, (like the frost ones on the bridge near Rina or emberberry bats.)

Tobias

• Global Moderator
  • AR1 Security Unit
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2012, 10:27:00 pm »

Okay, I'll include them then - how about these?

- Caterpillar
- Speckled Caterpillar
- Poisonspike Caterpillar
- Cave Batling
- Frost Batling

Tobias

• Global Moderator
  • AR1 Security Unit
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2012, 05:56:28 pm »
This change has been implemented, and the suggested monsters have been added, except for the following:

- Ghostly Gnats: I forgot these are completely script-created (with buffs and everything given through the monster tag scripts).
- Exile Guard and Exile Hunter: I need to ensure that reputation changes do not trigger on user maps - I have a feeling that at the moment they do.

Anyone who participated in this thread has been unlocked for adding monsters to their maps (up to 15 monsters per map at the moment). Kit, you'll be enabled for adding monsters should you get more into map editing. The rest is SOL.

Thanks for participating!