Forum - Squeezing roots

Welcome! Please login with your in-game name.

Author Topic: Squeezing roots  (Read 2177 times)

Kitson

• Nyranthix
« on: March 11, 2012, 09:51:14 pm »
I was thinking on them and comparing them to the webbing from spiders. And I came to the idea that, since they both root you to place and keep you from doing anything outside from a certain radius, that you should also be unable to attack the roots. I came to this because you can't attack the webs because you cant get them off of you. So, if the roots are holding you down, then maybe it should be that you can't reach the roots either.

Tobias

• Global Moderator
  • AR1 Security Unit
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2012, 03:18:11 pm »
These are quite different effects, however: The roots are designed to KO you very quickly if you ignore them (low HP, deal 2 500 damage), the web is designed to simply prevent you from moving, and deal damage that you can survive (320), as long as you don't get multiple webs.
I like to have a bit of variety, so different monsters fight differently. I may update the debuff description to explain that you can't attack the web, however.

See it that way: The roots simply squeeze you, so if you claw and bite, you eventually free yourself. The web is sticky, and by biting or clawing it, you just get tangled up more and more.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2012, 03:20:55 pm by toby »