Forum - [Fixed] Angel wing and roll win

Welcome! Please login with your in-game name.

Author Topic: [Fixed] Angel wing and roll win  (Read 1870 times)

Kitson

• Nyranthix
« on: March 17, 2012, 08:14:40 pm »
I don't exactly know what happened, but me and blizzardfoot (and sunny i think) defeated the AngelDew. There was an angel wing, and me and Blizzard rolled for it.  however, I got that I had won it and that i couldn't pick it up because of full bags. So i dropped an item to pick it up. However, Blizzard then picked it up and told me that she also had gotten the same messages of that she had won it and gotten the "bags full" message.
http://myu.icyworlds.net:4901/user/Kitson/screenshots/#show=screenshot.1466.769dffaa
I don't know if we actually had a bug, or if she simply beat me to it. I don't remember the exact times, but it was between 2:30 to 3:14 i believe.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2012, 02:42:09 am by toby »

Tobias

• Global Moderator
  • AR1 Security Unit
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2012, 02:41:31 am »
Nice catch. It'll be fixed next reboot.

Code: [Select]
17.Mar.2012 19:50:22 debug   low   -     -                Completing roll on item 1209 (Angel Wing):
17.Mar.2012 19:50:22 debug   low   -     -                    Blizzardfoot (user-id 2918) rolls 10 (needs)
17.Mar.2012 19:50:22 debug   low   -     -                    Assigning item to Blizzardfoot.

The roll was won by Blizzardfoot (she checked the "needs" box, thus everyone else who did not was bypassed), however when she couldn't pick it up, the item was "placed back" on the map. Since there's a timer that prevents other players than the roll-winner from looting the item, that's perfectly fine.
In case whoever rolled for the item doesn't claim it (they may have disconnected or such), the item eventually becomes free for all. Usually this only happens 10-20 seconds before the item expires, so there's plenty of time. However, for world bosses, the timer was much shorter, since the entire fight is supposed to be competitive between any groups that find the world boss at the same time.

After the update, the server will no longer imply that you won the item, even if you can pick it up because the loot protection timer expired.
In addition, if the roll winner cannot pick up the item, the loot protection timer is automatically extended by 30 seconds before anyone else can pick it up. This should be enough time to free up some bag-space.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2012, 02:43:16 am by toby »