Forum - The Pop=up Health Bars

Welcome! Please login with your in-game name.

Author Topic: The Pop=up Health Bars  (Read 2008 times)

Kitson

• Nyranthix
« on: April 07, 2012, 01:25:16 am »
During CtF (before i interrupted) I noticed that Cay's Health bar lit up, and i figured, "Hey... if her bar lit up, doesn't that mean that mine lit up for her as well?" So i was thinking, maybe, in CtF, that the Flag carriers' pop-up health bar shouldn't light up, or that they should remain a constant red. This is just my idea, because the bars would easily be a dead give-away for the carriers.

Tobias

• Global Moderator
  • AR1 Security Unit
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2012, 01:54:13 am »

Well, keep in mind, you can already (without health bars that fade out when someone's out of range) click the healthbar of another player, and you'll see a target circle where they are (as well as their health bars in-game).

Kitson

• Nyranthix
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2012, 02:13:33 am »
Oh...I honestly didn't know that. I guess that then my idea wouldn't work very well either.

Tobias

• Global Moderator
  • AR1 Security Unit
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2012, 12:55:07 pm »
Well, it depends - it would be useful to see who the flag carrier is, but then again, it is announced in chat, and it would require extra coding to implement it.

Also, consider that the objective in CtF isn't to hide - it is to get the flag to your base while making sure that the opposing team doesn't have the flag. In addition, if someone isn't actively searching for you (meaning they'd cover the mouse over the trees and bushes anyway), they likely won't realize the (unmarked!) bar of the flag carrier lighting up when they're getting close.