Forum - [Fixed] Perpetual Loading?

Welcome! Please login with your in-game name.

Author Topic: [Fixed] Perpetual Loading?  (Read 2309 times)

Caydence

• Lint
  • Sup.
« on: July 11, 2012, 09:23:46 pm »
So sometimes after a reboot/client update, the game no longer loads anymore? It just freezes on the loading screen and doesn't do anything. I've tired clearing the cache, resetting the browser, restarting the computer, and it just won't load. So I have no idea if this is a problem with my computer or not.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2012, 09:04:52 am by toby »

Tobias

• Global Moderator
  • AR1 Security Unit
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2012, 12:21:56 am »
I'm not sure if it's a client problem - I mean, it *can* be (Flash loves to silently die), but usually errors do show up somewhere - either on your screen, or in my log.
Does it freeze while loading the map? Does it freeze before the login screen? The client does different things then, which might be causing it.

For today's update, I wouldn't know how it could make you freeze - I changed the guild roster packets, so they also fit guild alliances in it. Since you aren't in a guild, though, it should never affect you - because the server just won't send you the guild roster packet that could make the old client fall over. Even if you had used the old client still (without reloading), it would have worked for you, because you weren't in a guild.

Caydence

• Lint
  • Sup.
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2012, 09:55:22 pm »
It freezes before the login screen. Besides that, everything else usually works out fine.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2012, 10:09:13 pm by caydence »

Tobias

• Global Moderator
  • AR1 Security Unit
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2012, 11:39:04 pm »
Try clearing your cache - or use a different browser, and see if that helps. I'll put up a new client that may give more diagnostic info.

Before the login, the game only downloads the stringtable, which tells its what the skill descriptions, class names and such are. The stringtable is equal for every player - so it either should work for everyone, or no one.

« Last Edit: July 12, 2012, 11:45:03 pm by toby »

Tobias

• Global Moderator
  • AR1 Security Unit
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2012, 11:52:08 pm »
Okay, I put up a new client version, try refreshing and see if it works.

During initialization, it tries to download three files - the new client will start with "Please wait ." and then add a new dot for every file it downloaded. Thus, when it freezes, it'd help knowing how many dots you see.

It'll also be more vocal about errors.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2012, 11:54:38 pm by toby »

Caydence

• Lint
  • Sup.
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2012, 05:25:16 am »
I tried loading the game again after clearing my cache and it only showed one dot while it loaded. Then it stopped and didn't do anything else o-o

Tobias

• Global Moderator
  • AR1 Security Unit
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2012, 05:14:05 pm »
Alrighty - at least we know where it's stuck.

I put a new version up that breaks the first step into two parts. Can you clear your cache and see how far it gets now?
If you have Skype or such, lemme know, it's probably going to be easier to get this sorted out that way.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2012, 05:27:20 pm by toby »

Tobias

• Global Moderator
  • AR1 Security Unit
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2012, 09:04:40 am »
This has been narrowed down to a very poor internet connection, worked around and solved. :3

Actually, there was an update here, as this same issue has occurred again.
At a specific position, the loading was suddenly getting interrupted. We tunneled the connection through SSH, at which point it suddenly worked, same if we used HTTPS. Personally I found this looks more like a content-filter, triggering on certain byte-values in the compiled Flash-file (which I have little influence on, especially not knowing what values trigger it).

In any case, however, if you are affected by this issue, you can also access the game over an encrypted connection by going to https://www.pawdgame.com/play/ (notice the "s" after "http").
This will make the client fetch all resources over HTTPS as well.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2013, 12:00:24 pm by toby »