Forum - Enchanted element potions and attack

Welcome! Please login with your in-game name.

Author Topic: Enchanted element potions and attack  (Read 2200 times)

Kitson

• Nyranthix
« on: August 16, 2012, 06:11:20 pm »
OK, me and pike were talking about monsters and the damages done, and the topic came up: being enchanted with an element will increase your damage given alongside reducing the damage taken by enemy attacks. However, when i tested this, using a water glove and enchanted water potion, i had difficulty seeing if i did do extra damage, and brought me to the question: If i were to use an item, say a water glove, or a fire glove, and use a potion of the corresponding element, will the two bits of element stack on top of each other into additional damage? or does it remain as just lv 1 (or two, depending of the item) elemental attack?

Tobias

• Global Moderator
  • AR1 Security Unit
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2012, 12:14:16 pm »
No - you have two separate elements: Your defence and your attack element (the same goes for monsters).

Your defence element is applied when you receive damage. It can have multiple levels - so you (and monsters) can be Water 2, or Fire 1, and so on. By default, you are Neutral 2, if you use an enchantment potion you become level 1 of that particular element. Think of it as a coat applied over your character, that determines how effective attacks against you are. Your defence element is determined by enchantment potions (temporarily) or special spirit bottles, such as Casper's (permanent, as long as you have the item equipped).

Your attack element is used when you deal melee damage. It has no levels - you either deal fire melee damage, or water melee damage, and so on. By default, your melee attacks are non-elemental, Neutral damage. Your attack element is determined by special weapons you wear on your main hand, such as fire or water gloves. If you have none of them, your melee attacks are Neutral. Spell attacks have the element of the spell - fire bolt does Fire damage, and so on.

Damage you deal is determined by the elemental table (look in the manual under "help") - look up the correct attack and defence column, and multiply the modifier (which is in per cent) by the element level. For example, if you have Water (your attack) on Fire 2 (the opponent's defence), you deal 25 x 2 = 50% additional damage. If you use Water on Water 4, you deal -25 x 4 = -100% damage - so your spell would be completely blocked. If you used Water on a Water 5 monster, it would actually drain the spell (you deal -25 x 5 = -125% damage) and recover health.

So, if you use a water enchantment potion, and wear a water glove, your defence element will be Water 1 (Water 2 if you have the water gem), and your melee attacks will be Water as well. if you use a water enchantment potion, and wear a fire glove, your defence element will be Water 1 (Water 2 if you have the water gem), but your melee attacks will be Fire.

Kitson

• Nyranthix
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2012, 06:14:15 pm »
So, in case i grasped this correctly, (and forgive me if i sound like a dumb parrot ^^; ), while i got that we're a specific element, which is neutral 2. Also that the attack is only based on our main weapons and its element, and that while the elemental potions will only increase (or decrease, if we are unlucky or unwise enough to use an incorrect elemental potion) our defense abilities, but our attacks will not have that element added on to it as well unless our weapon is the main element. In other words, our attack will not have the elemental potion affecting it.

I used to think that using elemental potions would raise our attack as well as our defense while fighting monsters. i was wrong. x3

Tobias

• Global Moderator
  • AR1 Security Unit
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2012, 01:36:15 pm »
Yeah - armour enchantment and weapon enchantment are separate. One does not affect the other. If you enchant your armour, your weapon element remains intact.