Forum - RP system suggestions

Welcome! Please login with your in-game name.

Author Topic: RP system suggestions  (Read 2847 times)

Shaun

• Bluebell
  • With Christ all things are possible!
« on: October 18, 2012, 09:09:24 pm »
ok so after that minor discussion reguarding suggesting new ideas for rp systems and such with Tobias, I did manage to come up with a few small ideas. note: this isnt something I think the game seriously "needs" these additional features. after all I have gotten along with the current rps I`ve done with out them and could continue to do fine with out it as well, but since I was asked for my input, I`ll post the few ideas I`ve come up with.

1st idea: I remember a while back using the "old" chat room system a long time ago. that was the first system I used in an attepmt to try role playing here, however the problems with that where the compressed size of the chat room box as well as the text being too tightly crowed when a sentence is too long. therfore I thought what if we made the chat room boxes a bit, "bigger?" in addition allow more words to be entered in a singal post. now I am aware of the one problem in increasing the size of the chat box, doing so could result in blocking the vision of player activity, and my idea to prevent that would be to make the chat room boxes slightly transparent. that way you "can" see the posts and text but also see whats going on in the background.

2nd idea: chat room icons. nothing too fancy but pretty much just the players face with their name written below appearing next to their text. (earrings, hats, hemls, etc done need to appear on the icons only matching fur color) with that the user with also have the ability to change the emotion to the faces by right clicking on their own icon and selecting an emotion ex: standard, happy, angry, shy, sad, injured, etc.

3rd idea: like in the normal chat box the user can use actions that appear in darker text by using "/me". as for enabling the Rp chat rooms the function could either remain the same, or there could be a button to activate it in the "game" menu.

this concudes my suggestions for now. however for more details I`ll try to create a few demostrations using photoshop. once they are finished I`ll show you the links to these suggestions. as said before I dont really think the game "needs" these things however it would be an intresting feature to have for player who enjoy rping. hope this helps!

Tobias

• Global Moderator
  • AR1 Security Unit
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2012, 01:05:45 pm »
1st idea: I remember a while back using the "old" chat room system a long time ago. that was the first system I used in an attepmt to try role playing here, however the problems with that where the compressed size of the chat room box as well as the text being too tightly crowed when a sentence is too long. therfore I thought what if we made the chat room boxes a bit, "bigger?"

Yeah, that would be possible - and something I have been planning for a long time. I just never got around to doing it, because it's a lot of "busy" work (picking the hotspots, making the boxes re-align properly) as Flash needs me to do all that manually. Noted, though. :)

in addition allow more words to be entered in a singal post.

That might be a bit difficult, because of how the protocol works atm. I'll see what the current limit is, though - I remember it being pretty low, so I should have some leeway.

now I am aware of the one problem in increasing the size of the chat box, doing so could result in blocking the vision of player activity, and my idea to prevent that would be to make the chat room boxes slightly transparent. that way you "can" see the posts and text but also see whats going on in the background.

Noted. :)

2nd idea: chat room icons. nothing too fancy but pretty much just the players face with their name written below appearing next to their text. (earrings, hats, hemls, etc done need to appear on the icons only matching fur color) with that the user with also have the ability to change the emotion to the faces by right clicking on their own icon and selecting an emotion ex: standard, happy, angry, shy, sad, injured, etc.

That's rather difficult with the current system, because Flash makes it a real pain to include images in text. I remember messing with it, and abandoning the idea because it didn't seem to go anywhere.

3rd idea: like in the normal chat box the user can use actions that appear in darker text by using "/me". as for enabling the Rp chat rooms the function could either remain the same, or there could be a button to activate it in the "game" menu.

Noted. :) I'd just make the chatrooms have the functions all along, without a specific switch - since you use commands (such as /me) when you want to trigger that anyway.

Shaun

• Bluebell
  • With Christ all things are possible!
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2012, 07:21:28 pm »
than you for your concideration, hope this suggestion was helpful, also as I said earlyer I`ll be creating some samples to give an idea of what the new rp chatrooms could look like. I`ll be sure to give you the links to the examples as soon as they are ready.